David J. Turek
Top rated business litigation attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinGass Turek LLC
David J. Turek is an attorney at the law firm of Gass Turek LLC based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. He focuses his practice primarily on commercial dispute cases and high-stakes injury cases. He has considerable experience handling cases in both practice areas, including cases involving:
- Commercial litigation: Insurance disputes, construction litigation, noncompete claims and more
- Personal injury: Catastrophic injury, premises liability, product liability, medical malpractice and so on.
Mr. Turek has also represented trucking companies, businesses in Wisconsin and throughout the country, and product manufacturers in personal injury matters. Graduating magna cum laude, he has a bachelor’s degree from Carthage College. Mr. Turek went on to pursue law and graduating summa cum laude, he earned his Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School. While in law school, he served as a senior articles editor for the Marquette Law Review.
Well known for his tenacity and professionalism, Mr. Turek is a zealous, tireless and dedicated advocate for the rights of his clients. With a firm commitment to his clients’ needs, he goes the extra mile for them, provides personalized legal services, and handles all cases efficiently and cost-effectively.
An ardent speaker, Mr. Turek has spoken and lectured on trial practice matters and other topics such as jury research, Wisconsin’s economic loss doctrine, and calculating and proving damages in personal injury cases. He has also co-authored additions to the section on Wrongful Death in the Wisconsin Bar Association’s Law of Damages in Wisconsin.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Turek has memberships in the Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, a selection-only association for the nation’s leading defense and corporate attorneys. As a Senior Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, he is also a charter member of its Trial Law Institute. Honored for his exceptional legal work, he was listed as a “local litigation star” in Benchmark Litigation’s 2018 edition. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Insurance coverage, Construction litigation: business
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Insurance coverage
- 10% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 2002, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.gassturek.com/our-lawyers/david-turek/
- Carthage College, Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Charter Member of the LCA’s Trial Law Institute
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Local Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2018
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2007
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, Member
- Kriete Family Insurance Trust v. Pacific Life Insurance Company, 2017 WL 3273580 (E.D. Wis. 2017)
- Johnson Outdoors, Inc. v. General Star Indemnity Co. (E.D. Wis. 2009)
- Henshue Construction, Inc. v. Terra Engineering & Construction Corp., 2013 WI App 84
- Stifel, Nicolaus & Co., Inc. v. Lac du Flambeau Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians, 807 F.3d 184, 204-05 (7th Cir. 2015)
- Turek’s client. Key v. William Ryan Homes, Inc., Appeal No. 15-AP-490
- Biomet Spine, LLC v. Stryker Spine, 2016 WL 5793680 (E.D. Wis. 2016)
Office location for David J. Turek
241 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2012