Don C. Prachthauser
Top rated civil litigation attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinMurphy & Prachthauser, S.C.
Don C. Prachthauser is an attorney at plaintiffs' personal injury firm Murphy & Prachthauser, SC, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Board certified by the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys, Mr. Prachthauser brings more than 35 years of experience to bear on representing individuals and families throughout the state in matters involving medical malpractice, defective products, motor vehicle accidents and workplace injuries. His rich background includes serving as house counsel for Employers Insurance of Wausau, which lends him a nuanced perspective of workers' compensation claims. To date, he and his partners at the firm have secured numerous six- and seven-figure settlements for their clients.
A Wisconsin native, Mr. Prachthauser graduated with distinction from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1972. He studied law at the Marquette University Law School, earning his J.D. in 1977. He frequently gives presentations for the State Bar of Wisconsin and the American Board of Trial Advocates. He has been a trial practice instructor at the University of Wisconsin Law School. In addition he has for many years participated in the Trial Practice Course at Marquette University Law School.
In addition to his speaking and teaching activities, Mr. Prachthauser is highly active in several professional organizations. He once served as president of both the Wisconsin chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the Wisconsin Association for Justice.
Mr. Prachthauser's exemplary case record has garnered him ample honors and accolades, including the 2007 Trial Lawyer of the Year award from the Wisconsin Association for Justice. In addition, he has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America* for more than a 20 years, and Martindale-Hubbell has honored him with its AV-Preeminent** rating. He has been inducted into the invitation-only American College of Trial Lawyers,International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the prestigious International Society of Barristers.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2010. Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC
**AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCivil litigation: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 50% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 40% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1977, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.murphyprachthauser.com/attorney-profiles/don-pra...
- Chairman Administrative Board, Gethsemane United Methodist Church
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor's Degree with Distinction in 1972
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Judicial Selection Committee
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Past President and a Current Board Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice
- President, American Board of Trial Advocates-Wisconsin Chapter
- Frequent Presenter and Speaker, State Bar of Wisconsin, American Board of Trial Advocates, and Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Civil Trial Practice Instructor at the University of Wisconsin Madison-Law School
- Certified as a Diplomat of the American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- Top 10 Attorneys in Wisconsin
- International Society of Barristers
- Martindale Registry of Preeminent Lawyers as having the highest ratings awarded by that group
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, Wisconsin Association for Justice, 2007
Office location for Don C. Prachthauser
330 East Kilbourn Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022
Top listsTop 50: Wisconsin Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2017, 2019 - 2022
- Top 50: 2022 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2012 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2011 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2010 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2009 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2008 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2007 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2006 Wisconsin Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2005 Wisconsin Super Lawyers