Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
Jacob Sosnay serves the clients at Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C. as a civil rights and civil law litigation attorney. He primarily tackles cases at the federal court level and works with clients in the Milwaukee metro area. Some of the types of cases he handles include civil rights, insurance defense, appeals, products liability, torts, premises liability, trucking accidents and construction defects.
In 2003, Mr. Sosnay completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. He then earned his law degree at the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, formerly The John Marshall Law School, in 2006. The following year, he passed the state bar exam and was admitted to practice in Wisconsin. He is also admitted to practice in Illinois state courts. His federal admissions include the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; and the Northern, Eastern and Western District Courts of Illinois.
Before joining Meissner Tierney Fisher & Nichols S.C., Mr. Sosnay worked at a prestigious insurance litigation firm. He successfully tried insurance defense and personal injury cases, which gives him useful insights on both sides of the legal aisle. Some of his wins include dismissals for lack of sufficient evidence and the plaintiff's failure to exhaust existing remedies for dispute.
Even outside of court, Mr. Sosnay remains active in the legal field by publishing articles tackling complex topics in his field. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family and friends.
Police Misconduct, Appeals, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Personal Injury - Defense, State, Local & Municipal Litigation
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020
About Jacob Sosnay
First Admitted: 2007, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.mtfn.com/attorneys/jacob-a-sosnay/
- Xiong v. Wagner, 700 F.3d 282 (7th Cir. 2012)
- Williams v. Ortiz, 937 F.3d 936 (7th Cir. 2019)
- Milligan v. Rock On the River, Inc., 738 Fed.Appx. 373 (7th Cir. 2018)
- Earl v. Racine County Jail, 718 F.3d 689 (7th Cir. 2013)
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Northern District of Illinois
- Eastern and Western District of Wisconsin
- , Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017-2020
- University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, B.A., 2003
- Wisconsin’s Supreme Court will tackle another set of complex issues in October. Read on for the full preview of wha… https://t.co/ExNdsBcSdq
- We enjoyed a great time with our colleagues at the 2022 Fall Social hosted by one of our Shareholders. We enjoyed a… https://t.co/decAN3qWwx
- Join our team! We are looking to hire an associate attorney to for our litigation team. To learn more about our ide… https://t.co/39O98WgZT9
- To learn more about our winners accolades: https://t.co/R3bdSMxDMo
Last Updated: 5/15/2022