Jason D. Luczak
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
Jason D. Luczak is a criminal defense attorney in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with over a decade of legal experience. Mr. Luczak is a partner at Gimbel, Reilly, Guerin & Brown, LLP, and represents clients throughout the Milwaukee area. He has litigation experience at the trial and appellate levels.
Over his career, Mr. Luczak has successfully defended clients in a wide variety of criminal cases, including misdemeanors, felonies and white collar crimes. In addition to criminal defense, he has experience with civil litigation, as well as administrative and municipal matters.
Mr. Luczak is heavily involved in the Wisconsin legal community. He is an adjunct professor of law at Marquette University Law School and a coach of the school’s National Moot Court Competition team. He is also a former president of the Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association and the Wisconsin Law Journal included him its “Up and Coming Lawyers” list.
Additionally, Mr. Luczak is a member of several professional organizations. He belongs to the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Waukesha County Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association. He serves on the board of SHARP Literacy and has lectured at numerous conferences and seminars.
After graduating summa cum laude from Ball State University with degrees in television news and political science, Mr. Luczak earned his law degree from the Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law. He is qualified to appear before all Wisconsin and Illinois state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 20%General Litigation
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Appeals
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2022
About Jason D. Luczak
First Admitted: 2008, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.grgblaw.com/attorney-profiles/jason-d-luczak
- Moderator for "Milwaukee County Criminal Court Operations re: Pandemic"
- The Rise of CBD in Wisconsin: Pitfalls and Considerations
- "The 40th Annual Conference on Recent Developments in Criminal Law"
- "The 41st Annual Conference on Recent Developments in Criminal Law", Speaker, "The 41st Annual Conference on Recent Developments in Criminal Law", Milwaukee Bar Association/Marquette University Law School, 2020
- On Saturday, December 1, 2018, Marquette University Law School and the Milwaukee Bar Association will host the 39th Annual Conference on Recent Developments in Criminal Law. Join us at the Law School’s beautiful Eckstein Hall facility for this annual event, which over the course of nearly four decades has provided continuing legal education to hundreds and hundreds of lawyers., Speaker, The 39th Annual Conference on Recent Developments in Criminal Law, 2019
- Speaker at Midwest Vegan Fest, Speaker, The Argument for Being Vegan, 2018
- Rising Star, Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2011- 2012, 2014 - 2020
- Appeared as a commentator on Court TV, Court TV, 2019
- Wisconsin Law Journal - Up and Coming Lawyer's, 2012
- CALI Award (Highest Grade in Law School Class) in Trial Advocacy, Legal Writing: Criminal Appellate Advocacy, and International Human Rights, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2008
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Criminal Defense CLE Committee
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Chair, Criminal Defense Section
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2010
- Illinois, 2009
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2008
- President - Milwaukee Young Lawyer's Association (July 1, 2014), 2014
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- President-Elect - Milwaukee Young Lawyer's Association, 2013
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 2008 - Present
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Secretary - Milwaukee Young Lawyers Association, 2011
- Milwaukee Bar Association's Criminal Defense CLE Committee, 2018
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Graduated from Ball State University, summa cum laude, with a B.A. in Television News and Political Science, 2005
- Wisconsin Up and Coming Lawyer's Award, www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3AanJrKoE, 2012
Other Outstanding Achievements
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors, Sharp Literacy, 2021
- Today is a tough one for GRGB. We will mourn the loss of D. Michael Guerin but also celebrate the life and legacy h… https://t.co/VVpHbbalVj
- Please join us in celebrating the incredible life of Attorney/Partner/Friend/GRGB family member D. Michael Guerin t… https://t.co/1MTcIJuUbW
- GRGB's Jorge Fragoso was one of the faculty members at the State Public Defender's Appellate Skills Academy 2022! G… https://t.co/ep4V9zuUqg
- Congratulations to all of those honored at the Women of Influence event today! #yourlawfirm #teamgrgb #mbjwoi https://t.co/osv6q8ti0p
- When Are Child Custody Restrictions Appropriate in Family Law Cases? https://t.co/MAWywmbamK https://t.co/Xy6V9cSguF
Last Updated: 6/9/2022