Jennifer J. Van Kirk
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2009 - 2012
Jennifer J. Van Kirk is a family law attorney and partner at Peckerman, Klein & Van Kirk LLP in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Ms. Van Kirk has been practicing law for over 18 years and represents clients in Milwaukee and throughout the surrounding suburbs. She has experience at the trial and appellate levels and has worked with cases involving divorce, child custody, child support, maintenance, paternity and other issues.
Raised in Milwaukee, Ms. Van Kirk graduated magna cum laude with bachelor’s degrees in general business and French from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. She went on to earn her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. During law school, she was a member of the Consumer Law Clinic and served as note and comment editor for the Wisconsin Law Review. She holds a license to practice law before all Wisconsin state courts.
Ms. Van Kirk holds memberships with the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Waukesha County Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the American Association of Matrimonial Lawyers, the National Association for Women Lawyers and the Society of Family Lawyers. She enjoys serving her community and is a former member of the Wisconsin National Guard Family Program state advisory council. She served on the Parish Pastoral Council at the Basilica of St. Josaphat, including as chairperson. She volunteers currently at St. John Vianney Parish on the stewardship committee and in the school.
In honor of her accomplishments, Ms. Van Kirk has been listed in the publication The Best Lawyers in America many years in a row. She is the recipient of various awards for her contributions to her community, including a Community Involvement Award from the National Association of Women Lawyers and a Patrick Henry Award from the National Guard Association of the United States.
About Jennifer J. Van Kirk
First Admitted: 2002, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.pkvlaw.com/attorneys/jennifer-van-kirk/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteered on the Parish Pastoral Council at the Basilica of St. Josaphat, including as chairperson and vice chairperson
- Volunteer for the Wisconsin Army National Guard Family Program (2004-present), 157th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade Volunteer (2008-2010); Basilica of St. Josaphat, Parish Council Vice-Chairperson (2007-08), Parish Council Chairperson (2008-10); Family Law Clinic Volunteer for Milwaukee County
- Wisconsin National Guard Family Program State Advisory Council, 2004-2013
- Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Society of Family Lawyers, Member
- Inns of Court, Member
- The American Association of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Waukesha Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of WI Pro Bono Honor Roll
- Best Lawyers of America, 2017-Present
- Received a Patrick Henry Award from the National Guard Association of the United States in 2011
- Community Involvement Award from the Association of Women Lawyers in 2012
- Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, University of Wisconsin Law School 2002
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Note and Comment Editor for the Wisconsin Law Review
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater in 1999, magna cum laude and with Honors in General Business and French
Last Updated: 7/8/2022