Top rated Family Law attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinGagne, McChrystal, De Lorenzo & Burghardt
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Wisconsin since: 2007
Education: Marquette University Law School
Gagne, McChrystal, De Lorenzo & Burghardt735 North Water Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202 Visit website
Lindsey Burghardt is a family law attorney and partner at Gagne McChrystal De Lorenzo & Burghardt in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Ms. Burghardt has experience with divorce and family law cases involving adoption, alimony, child custody, child support, legal separation, paternity, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements and post-judgment modifications. She serves clients throughout the Milwaukee and Waukesha metropolitan areas.
A committed and compassionate advocate for her clients, Ms. Burghardt has the skills necessary to help guide clients through a difficult time in their lives. She provides honest and realistic advice to her clients, while working to achieve the best possible outcome in a complicated situation.
In addition to family law, Ms. Burghardt has experience with bankruptcy, estate planning and probate law. Along with her work as a private family law attorney, she serves as a mediator in the Milwaukee County Family Court Commissioner’s Office and a guardian ad litem in cases with minor children involved.
Deeply involved in her legal community, Ms. Burghardt is a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association and participates in the association’s Bench-Bar Family Court Committee. She also belongs to the Society of Family Lawyers and volunteers her time with the Milwaukee Justice Center and Volunteer Lawyers Project.
A magna cum laude graduate of Michigan Technological University, where she earned a bachelor’s degree in social science with a minor in psychology, Ms. Burghardt went on to earn her law degree from Marquette University Law School. She received her license to practice law in 2007, which qualified her to appear before all Wisconsin state courts.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2007, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.familylawwi.com/attorney/lindsey-burghardt/
- Selected to SuperLawyers "Rising Star" in 2020., SuperLawyers
- Attorney Burghardt graduated magna cum laude from Michigan Technological University with a major in Social Science and a minor in Psychology., 2004
- Lindsey Burghardt received her family mediation certificate from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in April 2017. Since that time, Lindsey has served as a court-appointed mediator in Milwaukee County Family Court. Lindsey volunteers as a parent coordinator for the Milwaukee Justice Center and is available for private mediation. In addition to mediation and on a limited-scope basis, Lindsey accepts private appointments as parent coordinator and/or arbitrator both in divorces and post-judgment cases. Lindsey values the mediation process as one that empowers people to come up with their own solutions for difficult situations., 2017
- Explanation of recent changes made to the Wisconsin statute governing relocation of children in family law and paternity cases and considerations to determine when to file a motion seeking permission to relocate a child in family law cases., Co-Presenter, Relocation in Family Law Cases - What's New?, Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2019
- Milwaukee Justice Center, 2020
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Milwaukee Bar Association, 2020
- Society of Family Lawyers SOFL, Member
- Milwaukee County Bench-Bar Family Court Committee
- Wisconsin, 2007
Office location for Lindsey Burghardt
735 North Water Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Super Lawyers: 2020, 2022
- Rising Stars: 2020