Michael F. Hupy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
Certificates and Credentials
About Michael F. Hupy
First Admitted: 1972, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.hupy.com/bio/michael-f-hupy.cfm
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Put up a $5000 reward in several murder cases, including the murder of an employee's brother where the police had no leads after several months. The crime was solved within 48 hours of the reward being offered. See www.hupy.com for more information.
- Helped spearhead an effort in the Wisconsin Legislature to overturn unanimous Wisconsin Supreme Court decision that would allow insurance companies to reduce damages for bikers injured in accidents, but who were not wearing a helmet.
- As a side note, my law firm sponsored former Senator Dave Zien's ride to become the first person to put a million miles on one Harley Davidson motorcycle. I was on the back of the bike on April 4, 2009 when he reached the million-mile mark. Another client, Peter Gilbert, in 2006 became the first person to put a million miles on a Saab automobile.
- Commended by Governor Jim Doyle of Wisconsin for making my community a better place to live., 2008
- Received numerous commendations from bikers right's orgainzations for helping their fight for freedom.
- Has represented 100's of injured motorcyclists.
- Former Member of the Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers Board of Directors
- Past President of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Also licensed in the State of Illinois since 1997
- Former Chairman of the Milwaukee Bar Association Judicial Selection Committee
- Slip and Fall- $9.5 Million Verdict
- Several cases resulting in settlements or verdicts of $1 Million or more.
- Injured Child- $21 Million Award
- Truck Accident- $5 Million Settlement
- Certified Civil Trial Specialist- National Board of Trial AdvocacyAV Rating- Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 100 Wisconsin Trial Lawyers- The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board President for the Center for Teaching Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Arts, Marquette University, 1968
- Leaders in Law, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2013
- Lifetime Service Award, Milwaukee Community Journal, 2016
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2014
- Parent of the Year, COA Youth and Family Centers, 2017
- Top Local Advocate, Shepherd Express, 2014
- Distinguished Service Award, Milwaukee Bar Association, 2015
- Salvation Army Chaplaincy Program Outstanding Individual Award , 2018
Last Updated: 6/18/2022