Michael G. Levine
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinLevine Law Offices
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Personal injury
Licensed in Wisconsin since: 2004
Education: University of Miami School of Law
Michael G. Levine provides dedicated representation to clients in both State and Federal Court. Over the course of his career, Mr. Levine has tried more than 50 jury trials in state and federal courts. While he primarily focuses his practice in the area of criminal defense, The Levine Law Offices specializes in both criminal defense, personal injury and other civil litigation.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Arts in history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2000, Mr. Levine attended the University of Miami School of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2003. While in law school, he clerked for the firm of Hirschhorn and Bieber, P.A. a preeminent criminal defense firm in Coral Gables, FL. During his third year in law school, he was a certified legal intern with the Miami-Dade County Public Defender's Office. After graduation, Mr. Levine became an assistant public defender with the Broward County Public Defender's Office before relocating to Wisconsin and joining the Levine Law Offices.
In recognition of his high-ethical standing and case record, Mr. Levine has received a Distinguished* rating from his peers through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He has also been selected for inclusion in The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. Mr. Levine is admitted to practice before all Wisconsin and Florida state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
An active participant in several professional organizations, Mr. Levine is a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Dedicated to serving his community, Mr. Levine volunteers his services at the Milwaukee County Justice Center.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 2003, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.rlevinelaw.com/Attorneys/Michael-G-Levine.shtml
- Milwaukee County Justice Center, Volunteer
- State of Florida, Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Florida, 2003
- Eastern Milwaukee Bar Association, Member
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, B.A.
- National Trial Lawers Top 100 since 2015., Top 100, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Atmerica's Top Attorneys Lifetime Achievement, America's Top Attorneys Lifetime Achievement , America's Top 100 Attorneys, 2019
- Top Lawyer 2018, Milwaukee Magazine Milwaukee's Top Lawyers, Milwaukee Magazine, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star - 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, Superlawyers Rising Star, Superlawyers, 2018
- Top Milwaukee Attorney by M Magazine - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, M Magazine Top Milwaukee Attorneys, M Magazine, 2015
- Superb AVVO Rating, AVVO Client's Choice Award - Criminal Defense, AVVO, 2013
- Dean's Certificate of Achievement for Outstanding Academic Performance in Substantive Criminal Law, Dean's Certificate of Achievement, University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 2002
- Dean's List, Spring 2002 Dean's List, University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 2002
- Dean's List, Fall 2001 Dean;s List, University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 2001
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2018