Peter J. Fox
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinFox & Fox SC
Peter J. Fox is an attorney at the law firm of Fox & Fox, S.C., in Monona, Wisconsin. Mr. Fox focuses his practice on the areas of employment litigation, business disputes, civil rights litigation and personal injury. His office is based in Milwaukee, and he serves clients throughout the state of Wisconsin.
Mr. Fox has more than two decades of experience handling discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims. He also handles matters involving business litigation, constitutional issues, contracts, equal pay, insurance bad faith, sexual harassment, whistleblower protection and wrongful termination. Over that time, he has secured substantial settlements and verdicts for his clients. He litigates in state and federal courts as well as before a variety of agencies.
Honoring his accomplishments, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Fox an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, reflecting high ethical standards and superior legal skills. He is listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America” and is a fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation. In 2013, he was named one of the “Leaders In The Law” by the Wisconsin Law Journal, and Milwaukee’s M Magazine listed him among “leading lawyers” multiple years in a row.
Mr. Fox earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota, and received his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. He holds a license to practice law in all Wisconsin state courts and before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Civil Rights, Employment & Labor: Employee
Americans with Disabilities Act, Disability, Discrimination, Employment Discrimination, Employment Law - Employee, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Retaliation, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- 70% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Civil Rights
- 10% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 2001, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.fox-law.com/Attorneys/Peter-J-Fox.shtml
- University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minnesota, B.A.
- Wisconsin, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2001
- $1.8 Million dollar jury verdict - employment retaliation $900,000 - breach of contract $755,000 - employment retaliation $560,000 - age discrimination $500,000 - personal injury $300,000 - age discrimination $250,000 - sex discrimination and harassment $227,000 - bad faith insurance $180,000 - race discrimination $125,000 - race discrimination
- , Lawyer of the Year - Employment, Individuals (Madison, WI), Best Lawyers, 2021
- Superlawyers Magazine – Rising Star, 2007-2012
- Leading Lawyer, Employment-Employees by Milwaukee’s M Magazine, 2013, 2014
- Top U.S. Employment Lawyers 2012 by eBossWatch
- Superlawyers Magazine – Super Lawyer, 2013 - 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers
- Recognized as a Leading Lawyer in Employment-Employees by Milwaukee's M Magazine (2012), Leading Lawyer, Milwaukee's M Magazine, 2012
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Rated (4.9/5.0)
- Avvo rated 10.0 Superb
- Recognized by eBossWatch as a top U.S. Employment lawyer, Top Employment Lawyers, eBossWatch, 2012
- Recipient of Wisconsin Law Journal's 2013 "Leaders in the Law" award., Leaders In The Law, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2013
- Elected to the Fellows of the Wisconsin Law Foundation in 2013, Fellow, Wisconsin Law Foundation, 2013
Office location for Peter J. Fox
111 E Wisconsin Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2012