Sheila Shadman Emerson
Top rated Construction Litigation attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinHalloin Law Group, S.C.
Practice Areas: Construction Litigation, Business Litigation view more
Licensed in Wisconsin since: 2011
Education: Marquette University Law School
Halloin Law Group, S.C.839 North Jefferson Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202 Visit website
Attorney Sheila Shadman Emerson is an associate with the Halloin Law Group, S.C., in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. A top-rated, award-winning attorney with more than eight years of legal experience, Ms. Shadman Emerson represents the rights and interests of a diverse range of clients across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Construction litigation
· Business litigation
· Real estate litigation
· Insurance recovery
Licensed to practice in Illinois as well as Wisconsin, Ms. Shadman Emerson has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of her clients who are dealing with highly complex, pressing legal challenges. At all turns, she delivers the personalized attention her clients deserve while working aggressively to help them obtain the favorable results they expect for their legal matters as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Recognized for her impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, Ms. Shadman Emerson has earned consistent recognition from her peers as being among the top trial attorneys in her region. She also received the Women in the Law award from the Wisconsin Law Journal in 2016. Moreover, Ms. Shadman Emerson has earned excellent client reviews on Avvo as well as many positive testimonials and referrals from those she has served.
A 2008 graduate of the University of Wisconsin–Madison with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts and Spanish, Ms. Shadman Emerson obtained her Juris Doctor in 2011 from Marquette University Law School. Along with practicing before all Wisconsin and Illinois state courts, she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
While in law school, Ms. Shadman Emerson was heavily involved with the school's Moot Court program, placing second for Best Petitioner Brief in the Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Competition. She also served as a student coach and member of the General Board as well as a participant in the Street Law Program, where she taught and mentored high school students in substantive law.
Drawing upon her extensive legal knowledge, Ms. Emerson serves on the adjunct legal faculty at Marquette University Law School as well as director of the Street Law Program. She also maintains active involvement in her legal community as a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Women Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association, among her other professional affiliations.
Practice areasConstruction Litigation: Business, Business Litigation, Construction Litigation: Consumer, Insurance Coverage, Real Estate: Business
- 20% Construction Litigation: Business
- 20% Business Litigation
- 20% Construction Litigation: Consumer
- 20% Insurance Coverage
- 20% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 2011, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://halloinlawgroup.com/team/sheila-l-shadman-emerson
- Member, Women’s Lawyer Association
- Volunteers as a Coach for Girls on the Run (Greater Milwaukee)
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Milwaukee Bar’s Young Lawyer Association
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- State of Wisconsin, 2011
- State of Illinois, 2011
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2011
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2012
- Member, Metropolitan Builders Association of Greater Milwaukee (MBA)
- Member, National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Member, Wisconsin Builders Association (WBA)
- Wisconsin Law Journal’s 2016 Women in the Law
- Don’t Get Sued! Practical Tips for Avoiding Real Estate Litigation, March 2014
- Marquette University Law School Milwaukee Street Law Program Director and Adjunct Assistant Professor, 2012 – present
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts, Spanish, 2008
Office location for Sheila Shadman Emerson
839 North Jefferson Street
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022