Top rated business litigation attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinGass Turek LLC
A partner at the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, law firm of Gass Turek LLC, Stephen Trigg handles civil litigation matters in both state and federal courts across the country in cases involving:
- Complex commercial disputes
- Catastrophic personal injuries
- Products liability
- Consumer protection laws
- Shareholder disputes
- Medical malpractice charges
Talented and trustworthy, Mr. Trigg brings an innovative and practical approach to addressing his clients’ disputes. An effective communicator and a meticulous attorney, he is fully capable of reviewing and analyzing any case. He is highly interested in building his professional network while maintaining a high level of integrity and honesty.
A cum laude political science and sociology graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Mr. Trigg was part of the Phi Kappa Tau fraternity. He then graduated with his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he was part of the Order of the Coif and the Journal of International Law.
As a law student, Mr. Trigg served as the judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Richard Scherer, Minnesota 4th Judicial District for Hennepin County. He participated in the Multi-Profession Business Law Clinic, counseling clients on matters related to business formation, incorporation and preparation of contracts for new businesses. He recently presented in the Milwaukee Bar Association’s CLE program on Civil Unrest and Civil Litigation: Risks, Claims and Strategies.
Licensed to practice in New York and Wisconsin, Mr. Trigg frequently appears before the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the United States District Courts for the the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit. He is an active member of the American Bar Association.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense, Personal injury - general: defense
- 50% Business litigation
- 40% Personal injury - medical malpractice: defense
- 10% Personal injury - general: defense
First Admitted: 2010, New York
Professional Webpage: https://www.gassturek.com/our-lawyers/stephen-trigg/
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Honors: Cum Laude
- New York
- Federal Court of Appeal for the Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Wisconsin Rising Star, Super Lawyers magazine in 2018, 2019, and 2020
- Order of the Coif, University of Minnesota
- Kriete Family Insurance Trust v. Pacific Life Insurance Company, 2017 WL 3273580 (E.D. Wis. 2017)
- Milwaukee Center for Independence, Inc. v. Milwaukee Health Care, LLC, 929 F.3d 489 (7th Cir. 2019)
Office location for Stephen Trigg
241 N. Broadway
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022