Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
A partner at the Milwaukee, Wisconsin, law firm of Gass Turek LLC, attorney Tamar Kelber offers legal guidance to clients facing litigation that could end their businesses. As a skilled litigator, she prides herself in trying complex commercial disputes and product liability cases, representing insurance companies, health care agencies, construction companies, pharmaceuticals, finance enterprises and biologics.
Majoring in psychology and sociology, Ms. Kelber obtained her Bachelor of Arts with honors from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1991. She then earned her Juris Doctor from the Northwestern Pritzker School of Law in 1994. While there, she was the associate articles editor of Northwestern Law Review. She was first admitted to practice in Illinois in 1994 and then in Wisconsin in 2015.
Early in her legal career, Ms. Kelber served as a judicial clerk for the Hon. Judge James Burton Loken at the United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit in St Paul, Minnesota, for over a year. She then worked as an associate attorney at a leading law firm in Chicago, Illinois, for seven-plus years before becoming a partner at the same firm.
Mr. Kelber has an impressive track record in representing clients during all stages of litigation, including motion practice, discovery, trial and appeals. She also has experience handling multijurisdictional disputes involving multiple parties. She works closely with businesses to identify their long-term goals and areas of exposure, and tailors effective strategies to mitigate risk.
A long-serving member of the American Bar Association, Mr. Kelber is a member of its Women in Product Liability Committee and the product liability liaison of its Litigation Section. She also functioned as the chair of its Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech Product Liability Subcommittee and has presented at several seminars sponsored by the organization. Furthermore, she is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) and the Defense Research Institute.
Involved in her community, Ms. Kelber actively participates in several fundraising and counseling activities of Onward Neighborhood House, a nonprofit organization in Chicago that offers educational and economic support to those in need. Additionally, she sits on the boards of Congregation Emanu-El B’ne Jeshurun and the University of Wisconsin–Madison’s psychology department.
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Defense
- 20%Business Litigation
- 20%General Litigation
- 20%Personal Injury - General: Defense
- 10%Class Action/Mass Torts: Defense
- 10%Health Care
Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Litigation, Wrongful Death, Personal Injury - Defense, Class Actions, Toxic Torts
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Tamar Kelber
First Admitted: 1994, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.gassturek.com/our-lawyers/tamar-kelber/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors and Secretary of the Board for Onward Neighborhood House
- Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees of Congregation Emanu-El B’ne Jeshurun
- Board of Visitors for the Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
- ABA Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech Product Liability Subcommittee, Chair
- ABA Women in Product Liability Committee, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- ABA Section of Litigation, Product Liability Liaison
- ABA Current Issues in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation Seminar, Chair, 2013 and 2014
- University of Wisconsin, B.A. in Sociology and Psychology, with honors, 1991
- Consumer Products
Last Updated: 6/9/2022