Teri M. Nelson
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
- Free Consultation
Working with families throughout Milwaukee and Waukesha, Wisconsin, Teri M. Nelson handles matters such as divorce, child support, custody, alimony and post-judgment disputes. As an attorney at Nelson, Krueger & Millenbach, LLC, she helps clients find efficient, customized solutions that are respectful of each individual's time and resources.
Ms. Nelson is widely recognized throughout the legal community as a leader in family law. She holds an Avvo “Superb” rating and has been listed in M Magazine’s Milwaukee’s Leading Lawyers list. These accolades are a testament to the personalized service Ms. Nelson provides each of her clients. Knowing that many of her clients are facing some of the most difficult decisions they may ever encounter, she leads with compassion at every turn.
Certified in collaborative divorce, Ms. Nelson has spent nearly 30 years in her profession. She is proficient in alternative dispute resolution methods but is also always prepared to go to trial when necessary. Ms. Nelson is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin.
Ms. Nelson is a member of the American Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the Milwaukee Bar Association’s Family Law Section, the State Bar of Wisconsin’s Family Law Section, the American Society of Legal Advocates and the Divorce Cooperation Institute Inc.
After graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts, Ms. Nelson earned her law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
About Teri M. Nelson
First Admitted: 1992, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.nkmfamilylaw.com/attorney/nelson-teri-m/
- Super Lawyers - Wisconsin, 2017
- , Top Law Firm, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2019
- Leading Lawyers, Forbes Magazine, 2016
- , Best Law Firm, US News & World Report, 2020
- Top Choice Award, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2016
- , Best Lawyers, MKE Lifestyle, 2021
- Who's Who in America
- , Best Law Firm, US News & World Report, 2019
- Leading Lawyer, M Magazine, 2012 - 2015
- Named as one of US Best Law Firms in Family Law, US News & World Reports, 2017
- , Best Lawyers, MKE Lifestyle, 2020
- WISN A-List, 2016
- Top Choice Award, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 2015
- , Best Lawyers, MKE Lifestyle, 2019
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc., Member
- Wisconsin, 1992
- Milwaukee County Family Bench-Bar Committee, Member
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Member
- Milwaukee County Bench-Bar Committee, Past Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin - 1989
- Cooperative and Collaborative Divorce
- McLaren v. McLaren, 2003 WI App 125, 2003
- @Talk2Windstream Outage in Wauwatosa WI. What's going on?
- When to request a review of child support in Wisconsin https://t.co/QPTqUhFhZI
- How child support works for high wage earners in Wisconsin https://t.co/VqoPUblZHf
- Five common taxes issues in divorce https://t.co/Nr8YQUmHcu
- Why hire a lawyer for an uncontested divorce? https://t.co/isbBFe8nFz
Last Updated: 9/19/2022