Terry L. Campbell
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Milwaukee, WisconsinMoertl, Wilkins & Campbell, S.C.
As the managing shareholder at Moertl, Wilkins & Campbell, S.C., Terry L. Campbell focuses his practice largely on estate planning and administration. His firm is located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and he provides astute representation to clients in the greater metropolitan area and throughout the state. Admitted to practice in Wisconsin since 1979, Mr. Campbell is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Campbell majored in social sciences at The Ohio State University, and he received a Bachelor of Arts with honors in 1975. He then went on to pursue his legal education at Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, and in 1979 he obtained his Juris Doctor. After graduation, Mr. Campbell clerked for a judge on the Wisconsin Court of Appeals before entering private practice in June 1980 with the firm that he is still with.
Mr. Campbell has extensive experience in tailoring estate plans to the particular needs and objectives of each individual client. In so doing, he prepares and reviews wills, a variety of living and irrevocable trusts, advance medical directives, and health care and financial powers of attorney. Mr. Campbell has also guided will beneficiaries through the process of probate, and he has worked with trustees to help to ensure that the trust that they oversee is properly administered.
Mr. Campbell has an elder law practice as well, in which he provides advice and counsel to senior citizens and their loved ones on such topics as long-term care alternatives, Medicaid planning and guardianships. Held in high regard by his colleagues, he has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate, Elder law, Real estate: consumer, Social security disability, Tax: consumer
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Tax law
- 50% Estate planning & probate
- 20% Elder law
- 10% Real estate: consumer
- 10% Social security disability
- 10% Tax: consumer
First Admitted: 1979, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://lawmwc.com/terry-campbell
- LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell AV Peer Review Rated, 2007
- Five Star Wealth Manager Award, 2012-2021
- Foxington – Who’s Who, 2000
- Certificate of Recognition, Milwaukee Bar Association, 1988 – 1989
- MS Walk Top 100 Fundraisers, 2004 – 2021
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation Advisor of the Year, 2019
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Member
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Lawyer Referral Service Committee, Chairman
- Milwaukee County Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association Lawyer Referral Committee, 1988 – 1989, Chairperson
- Wisconsin State Bar Special Needs and Elder Law Section 2018-2019, Chair
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1979
- Wisconsin, 1979
- Member Milwaukee County Aging Consortium and Ozaukee County Aging Consortium, 2008
- Member of the Milwaukee Estate Planning Council, 2007
- MS Walk 1996-present MS Walk - 2008 - 2013 Top Fundraiser
- Herbert J. Mueller Society, 2009-Present, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), Member
- Business Network International, 1999, President
- Adel B Korkor M.D. Foundation, Board Member
- Published Works: "Living Trusts - Practical Considerations", ABA, July, 1993"The IRA Maze - Finding a Way Out", Wisconsin Lawyer, July, 2000Trusts as Beneficiaries of Retirement Plans, Wisconsin Law Journal, September, 2006Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 and Title 19/Medicaid, Wisconsin Law Journal, October, 2006Nonprobate Distribution of Assets, Wisconsin Law Journal, November, 2006Estate Planning Basics, Wisconsin Law Journal, December, 2006Alzheimers and Legal Issues, Alzheimer's Association Newsletter, Spring, 2007, MS and the Financial Durable Power of Attorney, MS- "Connection"
- Annual Spring Estate Planning Seminar, Children’s Hospital and Health System, 2010
- Ozaukee County Senior Conference Featured Speaker, June 2008, 2009, and 2011
- Lifetime and Estate Planning, Milwaukee Psychiatric Hospital, 1990
- Elder Law Series, Concordia College, 1992 – 1995
- Build Your Practice: An Introduction to Elder Law, State Bar of Wisconsin, February, 2015
- Alzheimer's and Legal Issues, Alzheimer’s Association Newsletter, Spring, 2007
- Estate Planning Basics, Wisconsin Law Journal, December, 2006
- Non-probate Distribution of Assets, Wisconsin Law Journal, November, 2006
- Deficit Reduction Act of 2005 and Title 19/Medicaid, Wisconsin Law Journal, October, 2006
- Trusts as Beneficiaries of Retirement Plans, Wisconsin Law Journal, Sept, 2006
- “The IRA Maze – Finding a Way Out”, Wisconsin Lawyer, July, 2000
- “Living Trusts – Practical Considerations”, ABA, July, 1993
- Guest lecturer at Annual Spring Estate Planning Seminar VIII for Professionals presented by Planned Giving Council of Children's Hospital and Health System Foundation, Lecturer, 2010
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, Honors: With Honors, 1975
- Recognized as one of the Best Personal Wealth Managers by Milwaukee Magazine, 2009
Office location for Terry L. Campbell
330 East Kilbourn Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022