Mary E. Kennelly
Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Monona, WI
Representing clients in Wisconsin, Mary E. Kennelly is an attorney with Fox & Fox, S.C. She handles cases of sexual harassment, employment discrimination, whistleblower retaliation and other employment law issues that affect employees. For her extensive and successful work, she has continuously been named a Best Lawyer in labor and employment litigation and was named Lawyer of the Year for Employment Law in 2017.
She is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, and the United States District Courts for the Western District of Wisconsin and the state of Wisconsin. In 2002, Ms. Kennelly received pro bono recognition by the Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association and in 2011 was given the same honor.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Massachusetts, she attended the University of Wisconsin where she obtained her Juris Doctor. For her previous work with employees and clients throughout the state, Ms. Kennelly earned an Avvo “Superb” rating. She has also worked extensively on violations of federal laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act. In cases involving race, sex and age discrimination and sexual harassment, she has obtained favorable court rulings, jury verdicts and private settlements of over $2 million.
Ms. Kennelly has taught many seminars and classes throughout her career for organizations such as the State Bar of Wisconsin and Rehabilitation for Wisconsin, Inc. In 2013, she was a recipient of Women in the Law honor by the Wisconsin Law Journal.
About Mary E. Kennelly
First Admitted: 1986, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://fox-law.com/attorneys/mary-e-kennelly/
- The Qualified Immunity Defense in §1983 Litigation, Wisconsin State Bar, September 1991
- Proving Vocational Loss in Employment Cases, Wisconsin State Bar, November 2006
- Summary Judgment and Case Planning Considerations, Wisconsin State Bar, March 1997
- The Professional Judgment Standard in §1983 Litigation, Wisconsin State Bar, April 2005
- Americans with Disabilities Act: You be the Judge, Rehabilitation for Wisconsin, Inc., April 2000
- Sexual Harassment: Recognizing, Preventing and Litigating Claims, Plaintiff's Perspective, Wisconsin State Bar, January 2014
- Developments in FMLA Compliance, Sterling Education Services, January 2007
- The New ADAAA, Key Impacts on Employers, Wisconsin State Bar, October 2012
- University of Massachusetts, B.A.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1995
- Wisconsin, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1986
- Cleary v. Federal Express Corp., 313 F.Supp.2d 930 (E.D. Wis. 2004)
- Shager v. Upjohn Co., 913 F.2d 398 (7th Cir. 1990)
- Price v. Marshall Erdmann, Inc., 966 F.2d 320 (7th Cir. 1992)
- Stalter v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 195 F.3d 285 (7th Cir. 1999)
- Bicknese v. Sutula, 2003 WI 31, 260 Wis.2d 713, 600 N.W.2d 289
- Culver v. Gorman, 416 F.3d 540 (7th Cir. 2005)
- Ashman v. Barrows et al, 438 F.3d 781 (7th Cir. 2006)
- Blue v. IBEW Local 159, 676 F.3d 579 (7th Cir. 2012)
- Hudson v. Lands' End, Inc., 928 F.Supp.2d 1045 (W.D.Wis. 2013)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Western District of Wisconsin Bar Association Pro Bono Recognition, 2002
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association Pro Bono Recognition, 2011
- Recognized in Best Lawyers--Labor and Employment, Best Lawyers, 2008
- Super Lawyers: Employment Litigation, 2014 - present
- Best Lawyers: Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2008 - present
- Best Lawyers: Lawyer of the Year for Employment Law - Individuals, Madison 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022