William J. Hammett
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Neenah, WI
Attorney William J. Hammett is a partner with the Hammett, Bellin & Oswald, LLC, law firm, which has offices in Neenah and Appleton, Wisconsin. Serving clients throughout the Fox Valley region and surrounding areas, Mr. Hammett represents the rights and interests of those who are going through a divorce or have some other serious family law issue they need to address.
Widely regarded as one of the leading family law attorneys in his region, Mr. Hammett has achieved notable success counseling and guiding clients through the divorce process while helping them reach agreements and resolve their conflicts with regards to child custody and support, spousal maintenance, property division, and other related matters. Devoting approximately 80 percent of his practice to litigation, he also serves as a mediator for family law disputes to help clients come to terms in the most amicable and efficient manner possible.
Mr. Hammett also has significant experience with paternity actions, adoptions and the termination of parental rights. In all cases, he treats his clients with the compassion and respect they deserve as he works hard to help increase their chances of obtaining the favorable outcomes they seek for themselves and their children.
Recognized for his success, Mr. Hammett holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* peer review rating, and he has earned numerous other accolades from his peers. He has also received many five-star reviews and heart-felt testimonials from his satisfied clients as well as a 10 Best in Client Satisfaction award from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
A 1986 graduate of the University of Wisconsin, Mr. Hammett attended Marquette University Law School, where he served as a staff editor for the Marquette Law Review. He obtained his Juris Doctor in 1989, and the State Bar of Wisconsin admitted him to practice that same year. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin. Active in his legal community, Mr. Hammett is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and member and former president of the Winnebago County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About William J. Hammett
First Admitted: 1989, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://hbolawfirm.com/attorneys/william-hammett/
- Recognized by Wisconsin Superlawyers as one of the top 5% of all Family Law Attorneys in Wisconsin, 2008-2018
- Recognized as one of the “10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Wisconsin”, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, B.A., Major: Political Science, 1986
- Marquette Law Review, Member & Staff Editor, 1987 – 1989
- “Percentage Leases” Is There a Need to Imply a Covenant of Continuous Operation, Marquette Law Review, Vol 72/ No.4, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1989
- Winnebago County Bar Association, 1991-Present, Member, Winnebago County Bar Association, 1997-98, President
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 1989
Pro bono/Community Service
- Housing Partnership of the Fox Valley Board Member.
- Winnebago County Supplemental Court Commissioner
Last Updated: 6/27/2022