Charles S. Blumenfield
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Pewaukee, WisconsinBlumenfield & Shereff LLP
At the firm Blumenfield & Shereff, LLP, in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, Charles S. Blumenfield serves as a partner and has been practicing law for more than 48 years. He concentrates his practice on matters such as personal injury and criminal defense matters, including DUI and professional discipline defense. He also takes on cases involving intellectual property litigation, business litigation and civil law matters.
Mr. Blumenfield attended the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee to pursue his undergraduate studies and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. He then pursued law at the University of Wisconsin–Madison and earned his Juris Doctor in 1974. He is licensed to practice in Wisconsin and New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the U.S. District Courts for the Western and Eastern Districts of Wisconsin.
In addition to being a skilled litigator, Mr. Blumenfield is an arbitrator and mediator, using alternative dispute resolution methods as a less contentious legal process and serves as a supplemental court commissioner for the Milwaukee County. He is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate and a Civil Trial Advocate.
Before forming Blumenfield & Shereff, LLP, Mr. Blumenfield worked as a Municipal Court Judge and Reserve Judge for almost two decades and served as a prosecutor for Milwaukee County before that. He currently is an active member of the Ozaukee County Bar Association, the Milwaukee County Bar Association, the Wisconsin Association for Justice, the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Inns of Court.
Additionally, Mr. Blumenfield is one of the founders of the legal string group “No Strings Attached.” He has received recognition and many accolades for his notable legal services, including an Avvo rating of “Superb” and an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is an ardent supporter of his clients' freedom and rights, using his vast legal skills to their advantage.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Business Litigation, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Professional Liability: Defense
Animal Bites, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Legal Malpractice, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Non-Compete Agreements, Parole, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Probation, Professional Malpractice - Other, Sex Offenses, Slip and Fall, Tax Evasion, Theft, Trade Secret, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, White Collar Crime, Wrongful Death
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Business Litigation
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10% Professional Liability: Defense
First Admitted: 1974, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://cbcslaw.com/attorneys/charles-blumenfield/index.html
- Waukesha County Bar Association, Member
- Wisconsin Municipal Judges Association, Past President
- Ozaukee County Bar Association, Past President
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Courts for the Western Districts of Wisconsin
- United States Supreme Court
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- Wisconsin State Bar, Board of Governors, Member, 1991 -2000
- New York
- U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Milwaukee Bar Association, 1977
- American Inns of Court
- Annual Marquette Law/MBA seminar “Recent Developments in Criminal Law”, Coordinator
- University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, B.A., 1971
- Martin Hanson Advocate Prize, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review rating of AV® Pre-eminent™ Distinguished and Notable (5.0 out of 5), Martindale-Hubbell, 1985
- AVVO rating of 10.0 (Superb), AVVO
- Board Certified in Civil Practice Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2003
Office location for Charles S. Blumenfield
N27W23953 Paul Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023