Gregory A. Pitts
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Racine, WI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2016
GREGORY A. PITTS, born Racine, Wisconsin, July 29, 1978. Graduated from St. Catherine's High School, 1996; University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1999, BBA degree in Finance, Investments and Banking; The John Marshall Law School, 2003, Juris Doctor. Admitted to State Bar of Wisconsin, 2003, and the State Bar of Illinois, 2004. Also admitted in 2003 to the U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
Member of the American Bar Association, American Association for Justice, National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, Wisconsin Association for Justice, Wisconsin Association of Workers Compensation Attorneys, and Racine County Bar Association.
Author: Comment, "E.R.I.S.A. Subrogation as Interpreted Within the Seventh Circuit - A Roadmap for Mananging First Dollar Recovery," 35 John Marshall L. Rev. (2002).
Successfully briefed and argued Wisconsin Supreme Court cases:
Belding v. State Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co., 2014 WI 8, 352 Wis. 2d 359, 843 N.W.2d 373 (2014)(permitting stacking of uninsured motorist coverage policy limits for victim of drunk drivier); and,
Bosco v. LIRC, 2004 WI 77, 272 Wis. 2d 586, 681 N.W.2d 157 (2004)(concerning bad faith penalties against an employer and/or its workers compensation insurer).
State Bar of Wisconsin CLE Seminar, Madison & Milw., 33rd Annual Workers Compensation Update (Oct. 29, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009), Permanent total disability claims;
NBI Seminar, Milw., Handling A Social Security Disability Case (April 20, 2011; May 12, 2009; May 12, 2008);
NBI Seminar, Milw., Social Security Disability Bootcamp (April 18, 2013).
Author/Programmer: Spreadsheet to Compute Present Value of Permanent Total Disability with SSDI offset (available on website of Wisconsin Association of Worker's Compensation Attorneys, Inc.).
Certificates and Credentials
About Gregory A. Pitts
First Admitted: 2003, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.pittslaw.com
- Voted into The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 in Wisconsin (2012)
- Peer Review Rated "AV" - Preeminent - Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards, Martindale Hubbell, 2014
- The John Marshall Law School, 2003, Juris Doctor
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, 1999, BBA degree in Finance, Investments and Banking
- Speaker: State Bar of Wisconsin CLE Seminar, Madison & Milw., 33rd Annual Workers Compensation Update (Oct. 29, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009)
- Wisconsin Association of Workers Compensation Attorneys, Board Member, 2015
- Presenter: Wisconsin Council of Self-Insurers, Inc., Annual Meeting and Worker's Compensation College (May 23, 2018), 2018
- Elected to the Wisconsin State Bar, Board of Governors for the 15th District (Racine, WI) for 2013-2015.
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, Member
- Author: Comment, "E.R.I.S.A. Subrogation as Interpreted Within the Seventh Circuit - A Roadmap for Mananging First Dollar Recovery," 35 John Marshall L. Rev. (2002).
- Racine Italian Welfare Association, 2010
- Racine Unified School District, 2010
- $1.3 million settlement in Racine County for wrongful death claim., 2020
- $120,987.76 verdict for plaintiff injured in motor vehicle collision in Racine, 2019
- $398,278.29 verdict for plaintiff injured in motorcycle collision in Rock County, 2019
- $314,723.37 verdict for plaintiff injured in motor vehicle collision in Racine, 2018
- $170,663.54 verdict for plaintiff injured in rear-end motor vehicle collision in Walworth County Circuit Court., 2017
- $725,000 settlement in Kenosha County Circuit Court for land surveyor injured in backover accident while working on highway construction project, 2017
- $1,000,000 settlement in Racine County Circuit Court for plaintiff injured in head-on collision, where defendant driver claimed sudden illness. , 2010
- $1,550,000 (totaling $2.9 million with stipulated economic damages) medical malpractice verdict for Plaintiff, Milwaukee County Circuit Court, 2015
- $169,650.28 net verdict for plaintiff in Racine County Circuit Court., 2011
- $217,500 verdict for plaintiff, Racine County Circuit Court, 2015
- $1.5 million settlement in Kenosha County Circuit Court for injured victim, and family, of a commercial truck accident, 2018
- $980,000 settlement in Walworth County Circuit Court for plaintiff injured in vehicle vs. pedestrian collision., 2013
- Board Certified Civil Trial Law Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2021
Pro bono/Community Service
- St. Catherine's High School Foundation Board, Investment Committee Chair, 2021
- Founding Owner, Board Member and attorney of Friends of Angels, Ltd., a 501(c)(3) nonprofit company orgainized for the benefit of St. Catherine's High School and its Alumni Association in Racine, Wis.
- Siena Catholic Schools of Racine, Inc., Finance Committee, Member (2018)
Last Updated: 7/2/2022