Megann S. Hendrix
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Wauwatosa, WI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
- Free Consultation
Megann S. Hendrix received her J.D. from Marquette University Law School. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, with honors, from Saint Louis University. Megann focuses her practice on estate planning, elder law and family law.
As an estate planner, Megann’s goal is to help ensure her clients’ wishes are followed in the event of death or incapacity in the most efficient manner possible to ease the burden on the family. In addition to traditional estate planning, Megann is also knowledgeable in special needs trusts and the unique planning necessary for individuals with special needs. She also works with Life Navigators and Wispact, Inc. to set up Pooled and Community Special Needs Trusts for her clients.
As part of Megann’s elder law practice, she helps families and individuals with Medicaid (Title 19) asset planning and eligibility in the pre-planning and crisis planning stages. She also helps her clients with adult guardianship proceedings when powers of attorney do not exist or are not sufficient. Because of Megann’s knowledge in both family law and elder law, she often represents clients or consults in an “elder divorce.”
Megann focuses her family law practice on collaborative divorce, divorce mediation and prenuptial agreements. She represents her family law clients with compassion and a high level of expertise to effectively protect her client’s interests, whether representing her client in creating a prenuptial agreement or negotiating a divorce. Megann is a highly trained collaborative law attorney and has won the “Dolphin Award” and “Outstanding Performance and Dedication Award” from the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin.
Megann has been recognized with numerous honors, including recognition as a “Leading Lawyer” in the area of family law by M Magazine, a “Rising Star” by SuperLawyers, an “Up and Coming Lawyer” by the Wisconsin Law Journal and “Milwaukee’s Finest” by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Megann is on the Board of Directors for the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin (2016 Chair, current Training Chair), Board of Directors for the Waukesha County Estate Planning Council (current President, board member 2017 – present) and the Board of Directors for the State Bar Family Law Section (2011-2017). She is a member of the Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin and a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Megann is also a member of the Association of Women Lawyers.
- 40%Elder Law
- 40%Estate Planning & Probate
- 20%Family Law
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Trusts, Wills, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
About Megann S. Hendrix
First Admitted: 2010, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.macgilliswiemer.com/expert-team/megann-s-hendrix...
- Certified Family Law Mediator
- Member, Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- Board of Directors, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin
- Member, Milwaukee Bar Association
- Board of Directors, State Bar Family Law Section, 2017
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- "Outstanding Performance and Dedication Award", 2013
- Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" in the area of family law by M Magazine
- "Dolphin Award", 2013
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2016
- Saint Louis University, Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication, with honors
- Just posted a photo @ Regner Park Beach https://t.co/ze578pC7N0
- Just posted a photo @ Regner Park Beach https://t.co/WzSUv1qhuj
- Just posted a photo @ Western Lakes Golf Club https://t.co/ah91OEMXdG
- Just posted a photo @ MacGillis Wiemer, LLC Attorneys at Law https://t.co/JDvjeqhy82
- Thankful for all the heroes that served and made the ultimate sacrifice to protect our freedom. ❤️🤍💙 #Remember… https://t.co/BTNau0gD4w
Last Updated: 7/8/2022