Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Cheyenne, WY
Jim Fitzgerald, the founding partner at The Fitzgerald Law Firm situated in Cheyenne, Wyoming, has over 46 years of experience practicing law. Focusing his practice on personal injury matters, he takes on cases including products liability, catastrophic injury and death, workplace liability, medical malpractice, mining accidents, wrongful death and more. Admitted to practice in the state of Colorado and Wyoming, Mr. Fitzgerald is also licensed to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Wyoming, the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Mr. Fitzgerald has gained invaluable experience fighting for the rights of his injured clients and is the go-to attorney when individuals dealing with personal injury matters are seeking zealous and tireless advocacy. He understands the negative consequences of obtaining injuries because of someone else’s negligent and careless actions, and goes the extra mile for his clients, aggressively fighting for their rights.
With a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wyoming, Mr. Fitzgerald went on the join the Army Officer Candidate School. He was at the top 10% of his class and served in Vietnam, for which he received the Army Commendation Medal, two bronze stars and a letter of commendation. After that, he obtained his law degree from the University of Colorado School of Law.
Mr. Fitzgerald has obtained numerous verdicts and settlements on behalf of his injured clients and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Jim has been trial counsel in nearly half of the million-dollar verdicts in the history of Wyoming. He holds the record for both the largest injury verdict and the largest wrongful death verdict ever upheld on appeal in Wyoming. For litigating cases worth $2 million at stake, he was selected to be a member of the America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators. Honored for his remarkable legal contributions, Mr. Fitzgerald has been included in the list of The Best Lawyers in America since 1987 and has been added to the Lawdragon 500 by the Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America.
Actively affiliated with prominent legal associations, Mr. Fitzgerald has memberships in the American Association for Justice, Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, American Board of Trial Advocates, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, American College of Trial Lawyers, International Society of Barristers, National Board of Trial Advocacy, The American College of Board Certified Attorneys and the Wyoming State Bar.
Additionally, Mr. Fitzgerald is on Top 10 list of the Trucking Trial Lawyers Association, and is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates. He is board-certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in civil trial, civil practice advocacy and truck accident law; the American Board of Trial Advocates; and the American College of Board Certified Attorneys. Recognized for his exemplary work, he has been AV Preeminent* peer review-rated by Martindale Hubbell and has a “Superb” rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 75: 2010 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 75: 2009 Mountain States Super Lawyers
- Top 75: 2007 Mountain States Super Lawyers
About Jim Fitzgerald
First Admitted: 1975, Wyoming
Professional Webpage: https://www.fitzgeraldlaw.com/who-we-are/jim-fitzgerald
Pro bono/Community Service
- International Society of Barristers
- The American College of Board Certified Attorneys
- Member, America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Recipient, Irish Legal 100
- Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top 10, The Trucking Trial Lawyers Association
- Recipient, Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2007 – Present
- Jim Fitzgerald has been selected by legal peers for inclusion in every edition of The Best Lawyers in America, one among a distinguished group of attorneys who have now been listed in Best Lawyers for twenty years or longer, 1987 - Present, The Best Lawyers in America, U.S. News Media Group
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating AV
- 1975, Wyoming and U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming
- Wyoming chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (founder and past president)
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Inner Circle of Advocates (President, 2000 to 2001)
- Wyoming Trial Lawyers Association (past president)
- American Association for Justice
- 2001, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- 1993, Colorado
- 1979, U.S. Supreme Court
- 1976, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- American Board of Trial Advocates National Board of Legal Specialty Certification
Last Updated: 5/15/2022