Julie A. O'Halloran
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Jackson, WY
A partner of Geittmann Larson Swify, LLP located in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Julie A. O'Halloran represents clients in all aspects of family law, including divorce, child custody and visitation, child or spousal support, property division, paternity, and prenuptial agreements. Ms. O'Halloran obtained her certification in mediation from Marquette University's graduate program in dispute resolution. As a result of her training and experience, Ms. O'Halloran provides extensive mediation and arbitration services in domestic relations cases. Her practice includes cases throughout Wyoming.
Ms. O'Halloran graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1986, and from Marquette University Law School in 1989, where she was the Student Articles Editor for the Marquette Law Review and a recipient of the Zilber Law and American Academy of Matrimonial Law scholarships. During her 25 years of practice in Wisconsin, she served on the board of the Wisconsin State Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution section, she was president of the Society of Family Lawyers and chair of the Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc. She also served as chair of the District 2 Committee for the Office of Lawyer Regulation, and was a member of several advisory Boards for Children's Hospital of Wisconsin and Marquette University Law School.
She has been peer reviewed as AV Preeminent, the highest performance rating in Martindale-Hubbell's peer review rating system. She has been named a Wisconsin Super Lawyer for 15 consecutive years and was named to the list of Top 25 Women Wisconsin Super Lawyers and the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. She has also been named a Mountain States Super Lawyer each year since 2016, and was listed among the top 50 woman lawyers in 2019. She has also been selected as one of the Best Lawyers in America and also for membership in Outstanding Lawyers in America and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys. She is a frequent presenter, including speaking engagements at the Wyoming Bar Association State Bar Convention and Wyoming Legal Aid Association Webinar. In addition to speaking, she has published articles on many family law topics.
In addition to her professional work, Ms. O'Halloran is involved in the Jackson Hole community. She is on the boards of the Community Foundation of Jackson Hole and Friends of Pathway.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Julie A. O'Halloran
First Admitted: 1989, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.glsllp.com/attorneys/julie-a-ohalloran/
- Attorney O'Halloran has been a presenter on family law topics throughout the country. Also, she has spoken to national organizations on topics involving dispute resolution and recently participated in a forum for the Wisconsin Association of Mediators. In addition, she is currently involved in a collaborative and cooperative workgroup for the Association of Conflict Resolution, a national organization interested in creating a consumer guide which provides information on all options for the resolution of family law issues. She recented converted financial worksheets used in family law cases to a user-friendly format for use by lawyers and organizations throughout Wyoming and presented the worksheets and other family law materials to the 2015 Wyoming Bar Association Annual Meeting. She also wrote an article called A Broader Approach to Divorce Representation which was published in the August 2015 edition of the Wyoming Bar magazine.
- Past President, Society of Family Lawyers
- Advisory Board Member - Marquette University Law School
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Board of Directors, Dispute Resolution Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member and Past President, Divorce Cooperation Institute, Inc.
- Collaborative and Cooperative Law Workgroup for the Association of Conflict Resolution
- Member, Milwaukee and American Bar Associations
- Founding Member, Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc.
- Chair of District 2 Committee of the Office of Lawyer Regulation
- Certification in Mediation, Marquette University’s Graduate Program in Dispute Resolution
- Hold an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America, in the specialty of Family Law 2010, 2011
- Selected for membership in Outstanding Lawyers in America and Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers
- Named to the list of Top 25 Women Wisconsin Super Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2011.
- Student Articles Editor for the Marquette Law Review
- Zilber Law and American Academy of Matrimonial Law scholarships
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1986
Last Updated: 5/15/2022