J. Blake Mayes
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
As a partner at Mayes Telles, J. Blake Mayes provides dedicated legal representation to clients in Phoenix, Arizona, and throughout Maricopa County and the state. He focuses his practice on criminal defense, generally handling cases that involve assault, domestic violence, sex crimes, theft, white collar crimes, DUI and drug offenses. Mr. Mayes also represents clients in personal injury cases.
In 2000, Mr. Mayes graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in psychology from Arizona State University. He then went on to earn a Juris Doctor from the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, again graduating cum laude.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Mayes has committed himself to pursuing justice for those facing misdemeanor and felony offenses. With each case he handles, Mr. Mayes works tirelessly on his clients’ behalf and fights to see that their rights are upheld. He puts an emphasis on communication and informs his clients of what is going on at every step of the legal process. Mr. Mayes is dedicated to maintaining high standards of ethics, while providing representation that his clients can depend on. He has received the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell and has an Avvo “Superb” rating. Mr. Mayes was named in the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 and the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40.
Beyond his work in the courtroom, Mr. Mayes believes in giving back to the community. He regularly volunteers his services, taking on pro bono cases. Mr. Mayes also helps high risk youth in the community, volunteering as a mentor with New Pathways for Youth.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2018
About J. Blake Mayes
First Admitted: 2006, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.mayestelles.com/who-we-are/j-blake-mayes/
- Arizona State University, B.A., Cum Laude
Pro bono/Community Service
- Phoenix Youth-At-Risk, Mentor
- Ninth Circuit Court
- Arizona City / Municipal Courts
- All Courts – State of Arizona
- U.S District Court of Arizona
- Arizona Court of Appeals
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers
- Avvo.com 10.0 Rated
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Editor, The Arizona Law Review, University of Arizona College of Law
- Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2015
- 2009 Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers
- 10 Best 2015 for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, 2015
- Top Lawyers 2008 as Published in Arizona Business Magazine
- Actualmente, los servicios de viajes compartidos son una forma común de transporte. Aunque en algunas situaciones e… https://t.co/iuyBdck8YG
- ⚖️ We exhibit loyalty to those we serve and those we work with. Loyalty is the foundation upon which trust is built… https://t.co/eET5YfIHb6
- De acuerdo a los Estatutos Revisados de Arizona, un delito de robo ocurre cuando alguien sustrae la propiedad de al… https://t.co/cn7qLiZkKs
- Si tienes una green card y quieres viajar al extranjero, es importante que consideres su fecha de vencimiento. Debe… https://t.co/4SpvXlk1i8
- Los accidentes automovilísticos dentro de los estacionamientos son más comunes de lo que nos imaginamos. Para evita… https://t.co/3P9cMD9Wyh
Last Updated: 5/15/2022