James F. Kahn
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
James F. Kahn is the founder and managing attorney at Kahn & Ahart, PLLC – Bankruptcy Legal Center located in Phoenix, Arizona. He focuses his practice exclusively on bankruptcy matters, with an emphasis on small-business bankruptcy, personal bankruptcy, and creditors’ and debtors’ rights.
Mr. Kahn is board-certified as a bankruptcy specialist by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization. Knowing fully well that each case is unique, he provides customized services and personal attention to his clients. Aiming to make bankruptcy as painless as possible for his clients, he keeps them informed throughout every step of the legal process.
Mr. Kahn has a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing and management from the University of Detroit. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the Wayne State University Law School. He also worked as an adjunct professor in the same law school.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Kahn was the chairman of the Arizona State Bar Creditors’ and Debtors’ Rights Committee and chairman of the Bankruptcy section of the Arizona State Bar. Mr. Kahn also was a judge pro tem of the Superior Court of Arizona. He has been active in several committees and frequently lectures in seminars and continuing legal education forums about creditor and debtor rights.
For his outstanding work in the legal field and for his high ethical standards and legal capability, Mr. Kahn is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. He also has a 10.0 rating on Avvo, along with several testimonials from satisfied clients and endorsements from peers. For his active involvement in pro bono work, Mr. Kahn was the recipient of the For Love of Justice pro bono award.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
- 50%Bankruptcy: Business
- 50%Bankruptcy: Consumer
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2012 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- State Bar of Arizona – Board of Legal Specialization
About James F. Kahn
First Admitted: 1972, Arizona
Professional Webpage: https://www.bankruptcylegalcenteraz.com/attorneys/james-f-ka...
- University of Detroit, B.S. in Marketing and Management, 1968
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Phoenix School of Law 2007-2013
- State Bar of Arizona - "Bankruptcy Ambushes Lurking in the Legal Jungle"; United Mercantile Agencies - “Bankruptcy and the Credit Manager”; CLE-Ops - “Collection Law in Arizona”; State Bar of Arizona - “Professionalism”; Maricopa County Bar Association - "Managing Small Law Firms"; Western Region - Commercial Law League of America - "Arizona Commercial Law Updates"; State Bar of Arizona - “Recent Changes to the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure”; Lorman Education Services, Inc. - "Collection Law in Arizona"; Professional Education Systems, Inc. - "Fair Debt Collection Practices Act”; Maricopa County Bar Assn. - Volunteer lawyers Program - "A Training Workshop in Consumer Rights & Remedies".
- Certified Bankruptcy Specialist, The Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of AZ, since 1988
- State Bar of Arizona: Member and Past Chairman, Bankruptcy Section, Judicial Liaison 2004-2005, Member and Past Chairman, Creditors' and Debtors' Rights Committee, Past Chairman, Legislative Subcommittee. Commercial Law League of America: Western Regional Members' Association: Member and Past Chairman, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Section: Past-member of the Executive Council, Committee on Legal Specialization: Past Member
- Mr Kahn was appointed Judge Pro-Tem by the Superior Court of AZ in 1995 and has served as a trial and mediation judge.
- Southwest Super Lawyer for 2007-2015 by Thomson Reuters
Pro bono/Community Service
- For Love of Justice Pro Bono Award. Jim regularly volunteers at the Financial Distress Clinic, Volunteer Lawyers Program, Community Legal Services, Maricopa County Bar Association, 2014
- Service as Judge Pro-Tem for the Superior Court
- MCBA ACBC
Last Updated: 5/15/2022