Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Auburn, CA
Sara Thompson is the founder of the Law Office of Sara S. Thompson, and she focuses her practice exclusively on divorce and other family law matters. Located in Auburn, California, she provides dedicated representation to people throughout Placer, Nevada, and Sacramento counties and in other towns and cities in the region. Ms. Thompson has been admitted to practice before all California state courts since 2015.
Most of Ms. Thompson’s clients are people whose marriages are irretrievably broken down or that are coming to an end for other reasons. With a background in mediation, she often uses that method of alternative dispute resolution to help them come to an accord on such divorce-related matters as the division of complex community assets and financial obligations, alimony, child support, and parenting issues involving custody, visitation, and relocation. If that is not possible and if negotiations involving the estranged spouses and their respective family law attorneys, Ms. Thompson is prepared to vigorously advocate for her clients’ interest in the courtroom.
Prior to college, Ms. Thompson served for several years as a chaplain assistant with the United States Air Force, and she has continued to do so with the Air Force Reserve. After college, she was a paralegal with an area family law firm, and this was one of the motivating factors for her to formally further her legal education. Ms. Thompson enrolled at Lincoln Law School in Sacramento, and in 2014, she was awarded her Juris Doctor. After her graduation, she worked as a paralegal for the state of California before forming her firm in January 2016. Her professional memberships include the Nevada County Bar Association.
About Sara Thompson
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: https://sthompson-law.com/sara-s-thompson-auburn-family-law-...
- Nevada County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Member of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Placer County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Member of the State Bar of California and its Family Law Section
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Top Grade in Remedies , 2014
- Top Grade in Wills, 2014
- Top Grade in Criminal Procedure, 2012
- Lincoln Law School Dean's List academic year 2013-2014, 2014
- Lincoln Law School Dean's List academic year 2011-2012, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Pro Bono work for child custody and visitation case. Attended multiple hearings and drafted motions and declarations. , 2019
Last Updated: 9/7/2022