Megan A. Moghtaderi
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Irvine, CA
- Virtual Appointments
Megan A. Moghtaderi is an associate attorney at TLD Law primarily working out of the firm’s Long Beach and Irvine, CA offices. She has been given the rating of “AV Preeminent®” by Martindale-Hubbell for the highest level of professional excellence for her legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards and was also named a “Silver Client Champion” by Martindale-Hubbell for her legal acumen and superior client service.
Ms. Moghtaderi’s practice includes estate planning for generational wealth, fiduciary representation, trust and estate administration, inheritance litigation, probate, conservatorships, and elder law. Her clients include private fiduciaries, medical providers, IT professionals, as well as business owners, entrepreneurs, corporate institutions and philanthropists. She works with clients’ certified public accountants, financial planners, and other service providers to provide holistic solutions to clients’ needs and has advised high net worth individuals and families in estate planning and trust litigation involving over $100 million in assets.
Growing up, Ms. Moghtaderi first piqued an interest in law when her family dealt with a hotly, contested probate issue. Understanding the motivating factors and causes for estate litigation, Ms. Moghtaderi brings her personal experience and legal expertise to every matter.
Ms. Moghtaderi works closely with individuals and families to create estate plans that reflect their unique goals and desires, with an emphasis on reducing the risk of future litigation. As a burgeoning area of law, Ms. Moghtaderi is well versed in the nuances of digital assets and planning and administering these assets advising all clients including those in the technology industry concerning implementing key provisions in their plans for these unique assets. Ms. Moghtaderi also represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries in disputes over trusts and estates issues such as accounts, contests, principal and income allocations, and creditor claim disputes.
Ms. Moghtaderi graduated Summa Cum Laude from Biola University and the Torrey Honors Institute in 2013. She was recognized as the top percent of her graduating class. After receiving her undergraduate degree, she went onto Chapman University Fowler School of Law, earning her J.D. in 2016. During law school, she worked as a Judicial Law Extern for the Honorable Kim. R. Hubbard in Probate at the Orange County Superior Court.
While at law school, Ms. Moghtaderi was extremely involved in school organizations and held multiple leadership positions, as the President of the Tax Law Society and Vice President of the Federalist Society, among others. Ms. Moghtaderi’s philanthropic endeavors were widely recognized and she even received A Commitment to Public Service Award during her time at Chapman.
Ms. Moghtaderi still spends significant amounts of time volunteering for non-profits and her charitable efforts continue to grow. Ms. Moghtaderi volunteers with the Christian Legal Aid Society proving pro-bono services to lower income members of the community. She is the founding member of Food From the Bar Orange County Steering Committee, and is a board member for Able ARTS Work, a non-profit that provides lifelong learning, community service and vocational opportunities through the creative arts for people of all abilities and all ages in an environment of warmth, encouragement and inclusion.
Ms. Moghtaderi continues her leadership in legal involvement in multiple organizations and is currently a board member of the Orange County Bar Association Trusts and Estates Section, Chairman of Estate Planning Group Network, and a member of St. Thomas More Society. Ms. Moghtaderi is a sought-after speaker and has spoken and given webinars for certified public accounting firms, financial planners, and the Professional Fiduciary Association of California meetings and conferences.
- 60%Estate Planning & Probate
- 30%Estate & Trust Litigation
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills, Will Contests, Business Organizations
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
About Megan A. Moghtaderi
First Admitted: 2016, California
Professional Webpage: https://tldlaw.com/attorney/megan-moghtaderi/
- Biola University and the Torrey Honors Institute, Summa Cum Laude, B.A., 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- Commitment to Service Award Program the Commitment to Service Award program recognizes students who contribute at least 50 pro bono hours without compensation or other credit to a public interest organization or government entity. The Chapman University Fowler School of Law, partnering with the campus Public Interest Law Foundation, created this award in 2006 to recognize and encourage students to engage themselves in pro bono legal work at this early stage in their legal careers., Commitment to Public Service, Chapman University Fowler School of Law, 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Thomas More Society, Member
- Board Member, Able ARTS Work
- California, 2016
- OCBA Trusts and Estates Section, Board Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Steering Committee Food from The Bar, Founding Member
- Professional Fiduciary Association of California, Corporate Member
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Secretary/Treasurer, Orange County Bar Association Trust & Estates Section, 2020
- Certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediator
- In Western heterosexual relationships, women catalyze an enormous proportion of divorces. In June’s Family Law Brie… https://t.co/Y7rdFlyED4
- Please join us in congratulating Megan Moghtaderi, who was just announced as a Rising Star @SuperLawyers. Ms. Moght… https://t.co/PS1FeKqo8S
- Congratulations to Lauren Doyle, who has been named a Rising Star by @SuperLawyers! For more information on Ms. Doy… https://t.co/KQyWhjQzel
- TLD Law remembers and honors our fallen soldiers, those brave men and women who paid the ultimate price for the fre… https://t.co/f1bDQYWaGC
- Happy Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month! As a diverse firm (women and minority owned) we are proud… https://t.co/pbfxel09zc
Last Updated: 5/15/2022