David M. Ring
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Manhattan Beach, CA
- Free Consultation
Dave Ring is a plaintiff's personal injury trial lawyer with many precedent-setting verdicts and settlements. He is nationally recognized as one of the leading victim advocate lawyers representing survivors of sexual abuse and assault. For over 25 years he has represented children and adults who suffered sexual abuse in cases against schools, youth organizations, religious entities and other similar institutions.
Dave also handles major personal injury cases, including wrongful death, serious motor vehicle and motorcycle accidents, construction site accidents, product liability, premises liability, and civil rights.
Dave’s law firm, Taylor & Ring, celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2022. The firm prides itself on taking on (and winning) challenging and difficult cases involving serious personal injury, wrongful death, premises liability, civil rights, and sexual abuse, harassment, and assault.
Dave has been honored over the years for his trial and litigation skills. California Lawyer named him its “Personal Injury Attorney of the Year." The Daily Journal selected him as one of the Top 30 plaintiff lawyers in California and one of the Top 100 lawyers (of any type) in California. Law Dragon has routinely named Dave as one of the Top 500 lawyers (of any type) in the nation. Super Lawyers selected Dave as one of the Top 10 lawyers (of any type) in Southern California.
Dave is a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers, a prestigious organization made up of the best trial lawyers in the country. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
Dave’s cases are often high-profile in nature. His cases have been featured nationally on shows such as 48 Hours, 20/20, and Dateline. He has been interviewed by the likes of Barbara Walters and Katie Couric.
Vanity Fair referred to Dave as “California’s go-to attorney for sexual abuse victims” in its story detailing the prestigious Marlborough School (Los Angeles) scandal.
Dave has obtained precedent-setting verdicts and settlements. For example, he obtained a $45 million jury verdict against the County of Los Angeles and its Department of Children and Family Services on behalf of a young girl who was under DCFS supervision yet was repeatedly sexually abused in her home.
Dave represented many men who were victimized as boys by a civilian police employee who worked for the City of Santa Monica. The cases settled for over $100 million.
Dave also represented many adult women who were victimized by the notorious Dr. George Tyndall at the University of Southern California.
He has brought cases against celebrity actors, entertainers and athletes. He represents an important victim in the cases against Harvey Weinstein.
As an advocate of victim's rights, Dave is actively involved in the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), the nation's largest local association of plaintiffs' attorneys with over 3000 members. He was the president of CAALA in 2016, and has served on the Board of Governors since 2005.
Dave enjoys following big-time trials and has been a commentator on Law and Crime. He has been quoted for his insight on trial strategy by the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times and other similar publications for trials involving Elizabeth Holmes (Theranos), Robert Durst, and Harvey Weinstein.
Dave graduated cum laude from the University of Southern California and "Order of the Coif" (top 10% of his class) from the University of Southern California Law School.
Dave enjoys tennis, (trying to) golf, and the Rams, Lakers and Dodgers.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022
- Top 100: 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2013 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2012 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2009 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2008 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2007 Southern California Super Lawyers
Articles about David M. Ring appearing in Super Lawyers
About David M. Ring
First Admitted: 1990, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.taylorring.com/attorneys/david-m-ring/
- $1.8 million verdict on behalf of a sales executive who was terminated because of his age.
- $3 million settlement against a school district on behalf of a special needs student who was sexually harassed and assaulted by another student.
- $4.3 million settlement on behalf of a man who suffered brain damage after being struck by a vehicle while walking in a crosswalk.
- $6.75 million settlement on behalf of several boys who were abused by their fourth grade teacher.
- $14 million settlement on behalf of two adult women sexually abused by their middle school teacher recovered the largest "per victim" settlement in the nation: $7 million each.
- $2.4 million settlement for the parents of an adult disabled son who was struck and killed by an out-of-control car.
- $3 million settlement against a school district on behalf of a 13-year-old girl who was sexually manipulated and exploited by her middle school teacher.
- $3.5 million settlement for several children in the high-profile LAUSD / Miramonte School case in which Mark Berndt fed tainted cookies to students.
- $5.6 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of a 14-year-old girl who was manipulated into engaging in a sexual relationship with her high school teacher.
- $10.8 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of teenage boy who was sexually abused by a teacher
- $1.35 million settlement for a 14-year-old boy who was bullied by other students at a Los Angeles middle school.
- $3.25 million settlement for a woman injured in a Metrolink train crash.
- $4.5 million jury verdict against a school district on behalf of two young girls who were sexually abused by their third grade teacher.
- $18.6 million jury verdict on behalf of an injured motorcycle rider who was struck by a negligent driver.
- Annual Convention, Speaker, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (CAALA), Board of Governors, 2005 - Present
- Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Nominated by CAALA as "Trial Lawyer of the Year", 2007, 2009, 2012-2013
- Top 100 Lawyers, Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine's Super Lawyers Publication
- Top 25 Plaintiff Lawyers, Daily Journal, 2015
- Recipient, Superb (10 out of 10) Rating on the website Avvo.com
- Graduated from University of Southern California Law School "Order of the Coif", 1990
- Southern California Super Lawyers, 2006 – present
- Named in the Prestigious Woodward & White's Publication The Best Lawyers in America
- Personal Injury Attorney of the Year, California Lawyer magazine, 2015
- California’s Go-To Attorney for Sexual Abuse Victims, Vanity Fair, 2015
- Adult male sexually assaulted his teenage female relative one time.
- University of Southern California, Honors: cum laude, 1987
- Investigation Uncovers Culture of #Rape at Dublin, CA’s Women’s Prison https://t.co/1iy3JowPg5
- Netflix “Cheer” Star Charged with #ChildPornography https://t.co/gNF4xwE9Jm
- Trevor Bauer Won’t Face #CriminalCharges https://t.co/T3GJpRVlXc
- #SnoopDogg Accused of Sexual Assault https://t.co/TYlC2MoSwQ
- John Taylor and Robert Clayton Secure $6.5M Settlement in #FatalCar Chase Case https://t.co/71bKh9x7ld
Last Updated: 5/15/2022