Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Manhattan Beach, CA
- Free Consultation
Sonya Ostovar is an attorney with the Taylor & Ring law firm, which has law offices in Manhattan Beach and Los Angeles, California. A top-ranked trial lawyer with more than six years of total legal experience, Ms. Ostovar provides exceptional advocacy, counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across her region, who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Childhood sexual abuse
· Sexual assault
· Employment law
· Personal injury
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Ostovar has achieved remarkable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of abuse victims and others. From her efforts, she secured a settlement of $8 million for a teen who was abused by her coach, and she was instrumental in helping to obtain a settlement of more than $46 million on behalf of a class of sexual abuse victims against the City of Santa Monica.
Ms. Ostovar has also achieved many other substantial successes for her clients, and she has earned recognition from her peers as being among the top 2.5% of lawyers in her region. She has also received the designation as among the Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch, and she has received many testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 2011 graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, Ms. Ostovar attended Pepperdine University Caruso School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 2015. While there, she received a certificate of dispute resolution, and she served as symposium editor for the Pepperdine Dispute Resolution Law Journal. She was also a member of the Women's Legal Association and the Criminal Law Society.
Ms. Ostovar has several publications to her credit, and she is an active member of The State Bar of California, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the American Association for Justice and The National Crime Victim Bar Association. She has also served as chair of Law School Outreach Committee of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
About Sonya Ostovar
First Admitted: 2015, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.taylorring.com/attorneys/sonya-ostovar/
- Graduated magna cum laude from UCLA with a BA in Philosophy., 2011
- I was part of the trial team in this case, and was second chair for the last week of the trial. Case Name: F.M. v. County of Los Angeles Court and Case Number: LA Superior Court / BC510993 Date of Verdict or Judgment: Thursday, July 26, 2018 Gross Verdict or Award: $45,400,000 Link to jury verdict alert: https://www.juryverdictalert.com/jury-verdicts/item/highlighted-verdicts/f-m-vs-county-of-los-angeles , 2018
- Iranian American Lawyers Association (IALA), Board of Directors, 2019
- The National Crime Victim Bar Association (NCVBA), Member, 2020
- Iranian American Lawyers Association (IALA), Board of Directors, 2020
- Served as the Vice-Chair of the Consumer Attorneys Associate of Los Angeles' (CAALA) Law Student Outreach Committee, 2020
- Served as a committee member of the Consumer Attorneys Associate of Los Angeles's (CAALA) Law Student Outreach Committee, 2019
- explanation of AB 218 signed into law in October 2019, which fundamentally changed the California law relating to childhood sexual assault. , co-author, “Extending SOL for sexual assault victims is an important step” , Daily Journal, 2019
- summary of key ways to protect your client's rights, privacy, and dignity during their deposition , co-author, Protecting your plaintiff in sexual-misconduct cases, The Advocate, 2020
- explanation of AB 218, which fundamentally changed California law relating to childhood sexual assault, co-author, HOW WILL THE CALIFORNIA ASSEMBLY BILL 218 IMPACT VICTIMS OF CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ASSAULT, Lawyer Monthly, 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022