Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Martinez, CA
- Free Consultation
Joseph Tully is a leading California criminal lawyer and author who helps people defend their liberty and reputation in a broken criminal justice system. Known for his landmark Stand Your Ground self-defense win and numerous marijuana criminal defense trial victories, Joseph has a reputation for meticulously picking apart the prosecution's case to reveal the truth and restore justice.
About Joseph Tully
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://tully-weiss.com
- Former Vice Chair, Criminal Law Section, Contra Costa Bar Association
- Member, Contra Costa Bar Association
- Former Secretary, Criminal Law Section, Contra Costa Bar Association
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Government
- Joseph represented a medical marijuana dispensary, which was raided and charged with cultivation, possession with intent to sell, sales, and manufacturing. Of the charges that were not dismissed, the client was found not guilty on all of them.
- Joseph represented a Filipino immigrant who was accused of felony assault and discharging a firearm with gross negligence when he defended himself against three teenage boys who trespassed on his property. At trial, Joseph argued that his client was standing his ground, and the jury found him not guilty in a landmark case. , 2014
- A client accused of first degree murder and attempted robbery was found not guilty on both charges.
- A client accused of domestic violence, child cruelty, possession of illegal assault weapon and possession of large capacity magazine was fully exonerated on all charges by either being found not guilty or through dismissal.
- Certified Specialist, Criminal Law, State Bar of California, California Board of Legal Specialization
Pro bono/Community Service
- Each year, Tully & Weiss offers the Joseph Tully Students for Integrity in the Criminal Justice System Scholarship, a $1,000 cash award for students with a personal or academic interest in advancing ethics and integrity in the U.S. criminal justice system. The scholarship helps cover educational expenses for students entering or continuing schooling at any college, university or law school.
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- Joseph Tully addressed the 2016 Mensa Annual Gathering in San Diego on the topic of his new book California: State of Collusion. Welcomed by a standing room only crowd, Joseph Tully shared the startling realities of California's failed criminal justice system: psychopathic police, overzealous and scheming prosecutors, while judges do nothing. True stories that we wish were fiction., Keynote Speaker, California: State of Collusion, Mensa, 2016
- California NORML
- U.S. Concealed Carry Association Law Network
Last Updated: 4/14/2022