Darrell G. Brooke
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Monrovia, CaliforniaThe Brooke Law Group, PC
An estate planning and probate attorney, Darrell G. Brooke is founder of The Brooke Law Group, PC. He represents clients in Monrovia, California, and has almost four decades of experience in issues related to elder law, business law, business planning and taxation, along with estate planning. Before starting his own firm, he was partner, principal owner and an associate at several law firms based in California, giving him extensive knowledge and experience.
The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specializations certified him as a specialist in estate planning, trust and probate law in 1997. Mr. Brooker also has an Avvo “Superb” rating, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is peer-review rated AV Preeminent,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
In 1981, Mr. Brooke graduated from the University of Southern California with a Bachelor of Science in business administration and management before moving on to law school. In 1984, he graduated with his Juris Doctor from Southwestern University School of Law.
Mr. Brooke is a member of several committees within the State Bar of California, including the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section, and the Probate Committee. A member of the American Bar Association, he is an active member of the organization’s Lifetime and Testamentary Charitable Gift Planning Committee; the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, and the Lifetime Transfer: Transfer Tax Issues Committee. He is involved with his community through his work as Patron of the Friends of the Levitt Pavilion Pasadena, a board member at the Pasadena Playhouse and a member of the Santa Anita YMCA’s Board of Managers.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEstate planning & probate
Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 100% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1985, California
Professional Webpage: https://monroviatrust.com/about-us/
- President, Friends of Levitt Pavilion Pasadena, 2009-2012
- President, Pasadena Quarterbacks, 2008 – 2010
- Legal Advisor, Monrovia Old House Preservation Group
- Member & President-Elect-Elect, Monrovia Rotary Club
- Zumba Instructor, Pasadena Senior Center, Westminster Gardens, Royal Oaks Manor
- President, Old Pasadena Business & Professional Association, 1995-1996
- President, Estate Planning Council of San Gabriel Valley, 1999 – 2000
- Board Member & Former Chair of the Development, Outreach and Education Committee, Pasadena Playhouse
- Board Member/Board of Managers Member, Santa Anita YMCA, 2011-2013
- Member, Monrovia Providers Group
- President, Levitt Pavilions, L.A.-Pasadena
- Member, American Bar Association, The Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- Member, Probate Committee and the Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Lifetime Transfer: Transfer Tax Issues Committee
- State Bar of California
- Member, American Bar Association, Lifetime and Testamentary Charitable Gift Planning Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell AV – Rating by his peers: 5.0/5.0 (out of 5.0)
- University of Southern California, B.S., Business Administration, 1981
- Adjunct Professor, University of Southern California Paralegal Program, 1984
- Certified Specialist, Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, Taxation, Business Planning, Business Law, and Elder Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1997
- Certified Public Accountants
- Charitable Institutions
- Life Insurance Companies
Office location for Darrell G. Brooke
525 South Myrtle Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2023