Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in San Francisco, CaliforniaAd Astra Law Group, LLP
Practice Areas: Employment Litigation, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation view more
Licensed in California since: 2010
Education: University of California College of the Law, San Francisco
Languages Spoken: English, German
Ad Astra Law Group, LLP582 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94104 Phone: 415-795-3579 Email: Sean Gentry Visit website
Sean Gentry's practice with Ad Astra includes employment litigation and arbitration for employers and individual employees, commercial and business disputes, commercial real estate and leasing litigation, unfair business practices, trade secret misappropriation, business torts, collections, and business ownership disputes. He specializes in all phases of litigation as well as assistance with efforts to avoid or resolve disputes before litigation. His practice includes primarily the counties of San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara, but Ad Astra represents clients throughout California as well as some multi-state clients.
Mr. Gentry's employment practice also includes general employment law assistance for employers, advice and counsel for employers and employees, manager training, separation agreement review and negotiation, navigation of workplace disputes, labor commissioner and EDD disputes, employment documentation, and assistance with other human resources needs.
Mr. Gentry earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Linguistics from the University of California San Diego and his law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law. While in law school, Mr. Gentry represented the UC Hastings’ Negotiation and Mediation Team, and earned 2nd place awards for the 2010 State Bar of California Environmental Negotiations Competition and the 2010 Liberty University School of Law National Government Contracts and Programs Negotiation Tournament. Mr. Gentry also represented UC Hastings’ Moot Court Team at the 2009 Brown Admiralty Moot Court Competition, and he earned a Top 5 Best Brief Award and a nomination for Best Oral Argument in UC Hastings’ Snodgrass Appellate Advocacy contest.
Mr. Gentry now volunteers and coaches with UC Hastings’ and UC Berkeley’s Negotiation and Mediation Teams, and he works with several Bay Area high schools for their We The People competition civics teams, where he has served as a judge at the district and state competitions for the past several years. Mr. Gentry is a member of the board of directors for Californians Advancing Civic Education, which, as the name suggests, works to promote civic education among high school students in California.
Mr. Gentry is admitted to practice in California state courts, United States District Courts for the Northern District and Central District of California, and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit Court.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employer, Business Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employee, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.astralegal.com/attorney/sean-gentry/
- Alameda County Bar Association (Former)
- ProVisors Network, San Francisco: San Francisco XI, Bay Area Lawyers Affinity Group (executive committee), and Bay Area Cannabis Affinity Group.
- San Francisco County Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- California State Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
- University of California San Diego, B.A. Linguistics with Law and Society Minor, 2006
- Top 5 Best Brief Award and nominated for Best Oral Argument for UC Hastings’ Snodgrass Appellate Advocacy competition, 2008
- 4th Place Team at California State Competition of We The People, the Citizen and the Constitution, and top scoring Unit 1 for this competition, 2002
- 2nd Place at the Liberty University Negotiations Competition, 2010
- 2nd Place at the State Bar of California Environment Negotiations Competition, 2010
- Bar Association of San Francisco Solo & Small Firm Annual Conference - Business Continuity for Law Firms in Case of Emergencies, Presenter, Employment Considerations for Business Continuity for Law Firms in Case of Emergencies, 2020
- Employment Law Legal Update for 2019 - PASCO Spring Conference, Presenter, Human Resources, 2019
- Impact of the Dynamex Case on Legal Practices - Bar Association of San Francisco Solo & Small Firm Annual Conference - Building Your Legal Empire: Knowing How and When to Add People To Your Practice, Presenter, Legal, 2019
- Ad Astra Law Group Employment Law Update: Reviewing 2018, Presenter, 2019
- Ad Astra Law Group Employment Law Update for 2018, Presenter, 2018
- The 2016 Employment Law Updates and Its Impacts on the 2017 Landscape LIVE Webcast (The Knowledge Group), Presenter, 2017
- California Employment Law Update – New Laws for 2017, Presenter, 2016
- Getting Ready for 2016: Employment Law Update, Presenter, 2015
- Managing your Workforce in 2015, Presenter, 2014
- Cleaning House: Getting Ready for 2014, Presenter, 2013
- Management, Effective Performance & Terminations in the Workplace, Presenter, 2012
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2023