David A. Patton
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in San Jose, CA
Attorney David A. Patton is a partner with Lonich Patton Ehrlich Policastri law firm in San Jose, California. A top-ranked and award-winning lawyer with more than 33 years of legal experience, Mr. Patton focuses his practice primarily on family law, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who are going through divorces or have other serious legal issues affecting their families.
Board certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Patton has achieved considerable success guiding his clients through the divorce process while protecting their rights and interests at all turns. He has gained a reputation for his outstanding professionalism and service, and he has achieved a long record of securing favorable outcomes for his clients as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Honored for his success, Mr. Patton has received designation as one of Silicon Valley’s top family law attorneys, and he holds a "Superb" rating on Avvo along with the site's Clients' Choice Award. He has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
Mr. Patton received his Bachelor of Arts degree in history and sociology from the University of San Francisco in 1977 and his Bachelor of Arts in international business and French from the University of California at Berkeley in 1983. He then attended Santa Clara University School of Law, where he served as editor of the school's law review. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree in 1987, and he is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Patton has served as commissioner for The State Bar of California's Family Law Section and is a member of the organization's advisory commission. He is also a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association and the Northern California Fraud and Investigators Association, among other professional affiliations.
- 100%Family Law
Child Support, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2022
Certificates and Credentials
- California Board of Legal Specialization
About David A. Patton
First Admitted: 1988, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.lpeplaw.com/about/our-lawyers/david-a-patton/
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, B.A. in International Business & French, 1983
- Legal Validity of Exculpatory Clauses in Storage Contracts, Mini Storage Magazine, 1985
- Editor, Santa Clara University School of Law Review, 1987
- Member, Santa Clara Bar Association, 1988
- Member, State Bar of California, 1988
- Member, Better Business Bureau, 2002
- U.S Federal Courts, 1983
- U.S Court of Appeals
- Santa Clara County Bar Association, Family Law Executive Committee, 2008
- President, Creekside Village Homeowners Association, 2006
- Commissioner, State Bar Family Law Advisory Commission, State Bar of California, 2014
- California, 1988
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Member, Northern California Fraud and Investigators Association
- Member, California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Settlement Judge, Santa Clara County Superior Court, 1993
- Captain, Skyline Ski Racing Team, Skyline High School
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2008
- Honored, AV Rated Firm, Martindale Hubble, 2008
- Award, Silicon Valley's Top Attorneys, San Jose Magazine, 2006
- Award, Who's Who in American Law, Marquis Who's Who, 2003
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Last Updated: 5/15/2022