Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Hartford, ConnecticutSantos & LaLima, P.C.
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Appellate, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Connecticut since: 2013
Education: Washington and Lee University School of Law
Santos & LaLima, P.C.50 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106 Visit website
Attorney Trent LaLima is a partner at the Santos & LaLima, P.C., law firm. He represents clients in Hartford, Connecticut, and the surrounding areas in state and federal cases. His primary area of practice is criminal law, and the cases Mr. LaLima has handled during his distinguished career have included sexual abuse, white collar crimes, murder, theft, governmental fraud and drug charges. He also handles cases related to personal injury, business law, commercial litigation, and professional licencing and discipline.
He completed his bachelor’s degree from the University of Connecticut in 2010 and then obtained his doctorate in jurisprudence from The Washington and Lee University School of Law in 2013. Admitted to practice in the state of Connecticut since 2013, Mr. LaLima is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for District of Connecticut, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Mr. LaLima’s invaluable insight into the criminal justice system allows him to devise effective defense strategies for the accused. He helps his clients handle the various legal challenges they are facing, clearly explaining their rights and working toward a favorable outcome. For his high ethical standards and impressive results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. LaLima is a member of Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association and Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. He is a chair of the Connecticut Bar Association's Criminal Justice Section and board member of the Hartford County Bar Association. He has also been part of many legal education seminars and presentations.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Appellate, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense: White Collar, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - General: Defense
Appeals, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Criminal Law - Federal, DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Parole, Personal Injury - Defense, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Probation, Prosecution, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Tax Evasion, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, White Collar Crime, Wrongful Death
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 10% Appellate
- 10% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Defense
First Admitted: 2013, Connecticut
Professional Webpage: https://santoslalima.com/attorney-profile
- , Named a Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017-2022
- The Judge Maxwell Heiman Memorial Award is presented to a Hartford County lawyer in his or her first ten years of practice who exemplifies the high standards of service to the profession, ethics, scholarship and devotion to clients that were the hallmarks of Judge Heiman’s professional career as a lawyer and judge., Judge Maxwell Heiman Memorial Award, Hartford County Bar Association, 2022
- , Young Lawyers Section Star of the Year, Connecticut Bar Association, 2019
- , Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, 2018-2022
- State of Connecticut, 2013
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, 2016-Present
- Co-Chair, Criminal Law Committee, 2018-Present
- Hartford County Bar Association, 2016-Present
- Connecticut Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2015-Present
- CLE Director, Young Lawyers Section, 2019-Present
- Chair, Young Lawyers Section Criminal Committee, 2017-2019
- Executive Committee, Young Lawyers Section, 2017-Present
- Executive Committee, Criminal Justice Section, 2017-Present
- Secretary, Criminal Justice Section, 2018-2019
- Chair, Criminal Justice Section, 2019-Present
- Connecticut Bar Association, 2013-Present
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2016
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut, 2014
- University of Connecticut, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2010
Office location for Trent LaLima
50 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023