John H. Trevena
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Largo, FloridaTrevena, Pontrello & Associates
The founder of the Florida-based boutique law firm Trevena, Pontrello & Associates in Largo, Johnnie H. Trevena is a principal attorney at the firm. He is a board-certified criminal trial lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and focuses his practice exclusively on criminal law.
Admitted to practice in the state of Florida for over three and a half decades, Mr. Trevena serves the residents of the Tampa Bay metro area, including Pasco, Pinellas, Hernando and Hillsborough counties.
Mr. Trevena earned his undergraduate degree in arts from the University of South Florida in 1982. He graduated in the top 25% of his class from the Stetson University College of Law and received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1985.
A compassionate and caring attorney, Mr. Trevena strives to help his clients to uphold their rights. With extensive experience in the field of law, he has tuned himself to distill out the most crucial facts and information required for litigating a case successfully. Known for his friendly nature, he takes the time to listen to his clients and keeps them informed of every stage in their case. He is a go-to attorney for many of his clients.
Mr. Trevena has received a "Superb" rating on Avvo, along with several positive reviews from his clients and endorsements from his peers. He was honored for his legal work by being included in the list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the State of Florida by The National Trial Lawyers for three consecutive years and is an official member of the Lawyers of Distinction since 2019.
In addition to his day-to-day legal activities, Mr. Trevena holds memberships in several professional organizations, including the American Bar Foundation, the American Association for Justice, and the Clearwater Bar Association, and is a senior fellow at the Litigation Counsel of America.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Appellate
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Parole, Probation, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, Appeals
- 90% Criminal defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1986, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://trevenapontrellolaw.com/our-attorneys/
- Attorney Trevena is a member of The American Trial Lawyers Association (The Association) and was selected for inclusion in the Top 100 Trial Lawyers for the State of Florida (2007-2010). Membership into The Association is by invitation and is extended only to those attorneys who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, leadership, influence, reputation, stature, and profile in the trial attorney community, as viewed by The Association, other trial lawyers, members of the bench, and the public at large., Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The American Trial Lawyers Association, 2007
- Attorney Trevena is also a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America (LCA). The LCA is comprised of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Membership is limited by invitation only and selection is based upon evaluations of effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, and superior ethical reputation., Distinguished Speaker, Fall Conference, Litigation Counsel of America, 2007
- Attorney Trevena was also elected as a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation in 2010. The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation is an honorary organization representing one-third of one percent of licensed attorneys. Fellows are lawyers, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars who have been elected by their peers to become members of The Fellows because of their outstanding achievements in the legal profession., 2010
- Attorney Trevena is ranked Superb by Avvo.Com, an independent company that ranks attorney's based on a lawyer's years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition.
Office location for John H. Trevena
2401 W Bay Dr
Building 100, Suite 127
Largo, FL 33770
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2009
Certificates and credentials