Jay M. Levy
Top Rated Appellate Attorney in Miami, FL
As the founder of Jay M. Levy, P.A., Jay M. Levy focuses his practice on business, commercial, employment and tort litigation. While representing clients throughout Southern Florida's Miami-Dade and Broward counties, including Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Mr. Levy handles cases involving boundary disputes, contract disputes, nuisance lawsuits, title litigation, non-compete agreements and other business related matters.
After earning his undergraduate degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., Mr. Levy received a law degree from the University of Miami School of Law and went on to found his current practice in 1991. He has been licensed to practice law in the state of Florida since 1976 and in the District of Columbia since 1978.
Mr. Levy is also admitted to practice before the U.S. district courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern districts of Florida, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States. He has been a member of The Florida Bar since 1976 and has received a board certification in appellate practice from the organization.
In addition to his more than 30 years of litigation experience, Mr. Levy's service to the legal profession has earned him numerous honors and recognitions. He is rated AV Preeminent*, the highest possible rating, by the distinguished peer review service Martindale-Hubbell, and was featured in the peer review listing, Best Lawyers in America. Mr. Levy has also been highlighted as a member of the "legal elite" in Florida Trend and was named one of the top 19 appellate attorneys in the state of Florida by Chambers USA.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.
About Jay M. Levy
First Admitted: 1976, Florida
Professional Webpage: http://www.jaylevylaw.com/about/
- District of Columbia bar, 1978 – Present
- Florida Bar, Member, 1976 – Present
- Florida, 1976
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1995
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1980
- Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyer, 2006-2014
- Ranked by Chambers USA, Top 19 appellate lawyers, Florida, 2007
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2007-2010
- AV-rated attorney
- Florida Elite Trend
- George Washington University, B.A., 1973
- Barragan v. City of Miami, 545 So.2d 252, 1989
- Sea Lift, Inc. v. Refinadora Costarricense de Petroleo, S.A., 792 F.2d 989, 1986
- Cordis Corp. v. Prooslin, 482 So.2d 486, 1986
- Hiram Walker & Sons, Inc. v. Kirk Line, 877 F.2d 1508, 1989
- Coppola Enterprises, Inc. v. Alfone, 531 So.2d 334, 1988
- Board Certified, The Florida Bar in Appellate Practice, 1992
Last Updated: 5/15/2022