Top Rated Securities Litigation Attorney in Miami, FL
As founder and an equity shareholder of Erez Law PLLC, Jeffrey Erez focuses his legal practice on securities arbitration and litigation, representing clients nationwide. During his long, successful career, he has obtained more than $150 million as lead attorney or collaborating with other lawyers in securities cases and FINRA arbitrations. For his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is peer-review rated AV Preeminent,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Erez is admitted to practice in the state of Florida, and before the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida. In 1993, he graduated cum laude from McGill University with a Bachelor of Arts, and in 1996, he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law.
Fluent in English, Hebrew and French, Mr. Erez has represented a variety of clients during his career. These include four retired NFL players who filed a claim for securities fraud against a brokerage firm and a retired Air Force General in 2010. In 2019, he won an award of almost $8 million and another for almost $4 million against Morgan Stanley.
He is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has settled thousands of cases in his 25-year career. An active member of the local legal community, he is involved with the PIABA Foundation and is often a guest lecturer at the Securities Clinic of the University of Miami School of Law.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Jeffrey Erez
First Admitted: 1997, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://www.erezlaw.com/attorneys/jeffrey-erez/
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rated
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- State of Florida
- Actively involved with Plaintiff's securities litigation bar organization PIABA., 2020
- B.A., McGill University, 1993
- Guest lecturer three times at the University of Miami School of Law Securities Clinic. Featured speaker annually the annual PIABA securities litigation conference. Featured speaker at PLI Securities Arbitration seminar in NYC February 2020.
- Represented four returned NFL football players in a securities fraud claim against brokerage firm., 2019
- Won award/verdict of $3,261,420 in Litovich et al. v. Morgan Stanley FINRA case no. 17-01908. Award included $3M in sanctions against Morgan Stanley, the largest FINRA sanctions award ever., 2019
- Won $4.2M award/verdict in Bender et al. v. UBS FINRA case no. 16-00715., 2018
- Won award/verdict of $4.5M in Banamex v. Morgan Stanley FINRA case no. 12-01019., 2014
- Won a verdict/award of $7,838,379 in Diez v. UBS FINRA Case no. 16-02528., 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022