Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Palm Harbor, FloridaFlorin Roebig, P.A.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability
Licensed in Florida since: 1987
Education: Stetson University College of Law
Tommy D. Roebig is a native Floridian, born and raised in Jacksonville. He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University and his law degree from Stetson University College of Law where he was a member of the National Moot Court Team. In 2007, the 10,000-member Stetson Lawyers Alumni Association awarded Tommy and his partner Wil Florin its outstanding Alumni Award (Paul May Meritorious Service Award). He is a member of the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice Foundation and numerous other associations which promote civil justice.
Tommy has been inducted into the “Million Dollar Advocates Forum,” a National organization which recognizes Trial Lawyers who have received jury awards in excess of a million dollars. He has also been named to the “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum” for numerous jury verdicts of multiple millions. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by both The Florida Bar and The National Board of Trial Advocacy as well as Board Certified as a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Legal Specialty Certifications. Florida Trend™ Magazine has selected Tommy as one of Florida’s “Elite Lawyers” and he has been voted by his peers to be named in “Best Lawyers in America” from 2010-2021. In 2017, he was named Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in America for his accomplished work in Personal Injury Litigation for Plaintiffs in the St. Petersburg, Florida Metropolitan Area.
Tommy has been repeatedly named among Florida’s “Super Lawyers” every year since 2006 in a statewide poll conducted of practicing attorneys by the publication Law and Politics. He has also obtained Martindale-Hubbell’s highest peer rating for both ethics and legal ability. In 2007, he was listed as one of “America’s Leading Plaintiff’s Lawyers” by the national legal organization, Lawdragon. Every year since 2009, Tommy was selected by the National Trial Lawyers Association as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the state of Florida.
Tommy has been a frequently requested lecturer at Stetson University College of Law instructing on the law of negligence and wrongful death damages. In 2019, Tommy was inducted into the prestigious Stetson University College of Law Hall of Fame, which recognizes alumni of the law school “who have reached and remained at the pinnacle of their fields and have had a profound impact upon the College of Law.” Tommy is only the 89th inductee to the Stetson Hall of Fame in the 120-year history of the school.
Tommy has obtained million dollar plus jury awards in both federal and state court trials as well as million dollar recoveries for his clients in the areas of medical malpractice, discrimination & civil rights, liquor liability, product liability, class action and motor-vehicle negligence. In 2016, Tommy Roebig pursued and obtained a $42 million jury verdict against Applebee’s and others in a personal injury case (largest contested jury verdict in Hernando County history). In 2005, his $15 million jury verdict in a trucking negligence trial was the 4th largest verdict reported in the state. His $47.4 million jury verdict against a Tampa Bay area day spa and massage therapist is the largest jury verdict in Pasco County history and the second largest jury verdict in Florida for 2014. His $6.1 million jury verdict in a motorcycle accident case obtained in August 2017 is believed to be the largest jury verdict in Sumter County history. His 2018 $7.6 million jury verdict in a premises liability case has been ranked by Top Verdict as the largest amount for all 2018 Dangerous Condition jury verdicts in the State of Florida. Tommy is married and has two children.
First Admitted: 1987, Florida
Professional Webpage: https://florinroebig.com/about-florin-roebig/tommy-roebig/
- Guest lecturer on the laws of negligence and wrongful death damages, Stetson University College of Law
- Guest speaker on trial tactics and success, Florida Justice Association
- Adjunct Professor of civil law courses, St. Petersburg College
- To carry out our passion for community improvement, we often use our expansive law firm grounds in Palm Harbor, Florida to host charity events, with a focus on benefitting children’s organizations in the Tampa Bay area. These events include our annual Candyland Winter Wonderland (pictured), our annual Easter Egg Hunt, bicycle safety day, the skateboard challenge, family big screen outdoor movie night, physician/lawyer wiffle golf, as well as numerous other community-based events open to the public.
- In 1993, Florin Roebig courtroom was built for the advancement of legal education at Stetson University College of Law. The courtroom is one of the largest and most technologically advanced teaching courtrooms in the nation. It is regularly used as a teaching and competition classroom by the law school, but also regularly serves as a venue for The Florida Second District Court of Appeals to present oral arguments. Florin Roebig courtroom underwent further renovations and upgrades that were made by the firm before being rededicated by Stetson Law in 2006. The resulting positive impact of the courtroom led to the selection of Wil Florin and Tommy Roebig as recipients of the Paul May outstanding alumni award in 2007 by the 6,000 member Stetson Lawyer’s Association.
- Florida State University
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1988
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- Florida Bar, Member, 1987
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice Foundation, Member
- American Civil Liberties Union, Member
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2016
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Member
- Board Certified Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 2012
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, National Board of Trial Advocacy, 1995
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, Florida Bar, 1993
- Lawyer of the Year received for work in Personal Injury Litigation representing Plaintiffs in the St. Petersburg, Florida Metropolitan Area., Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- , America's Leading Plaintiff's Lawyers, Lawdragon, 2007
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Florida, National Trial Lawyers Association
- The Paul May Meritorious Service Award recognizes years of support of Stetson University College of Law and its students., Outstanding Alumni Award, Stetson Lawyers Association, 2007
- , Top 100 Verdicts in America, National Law Journal, 2016
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum recognizes attorneys for numerous jury verdicts of multiple millions., Inductee, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 2010-Present, Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers, Personal Injury Litigation
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum is a National organization which recognizes Trial Lawyers who have received jury awards in excess of a million dollars., Inductee, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Elite Lawyer named by Florida Trend Magazine
- Top 100 Litigation Lawyer by American Society Legal Advocates
- $7.6 million jury verdict, premises liability case., 2018
- $6.1 million jury verdict, motorcycle accident case., 2017
- $42 million jury verdict against Applebee's and others (largest contested jury verdict in Hernando County history), 2016
- $47.4 million jury verdict against Tampa Bay area day spa and massage therapist (largest jury verdict in Pasco County history, second largest jury verdict in Florida of the year), 2014
- $15 million jury verdict, trucking negligence trial (4th largest reported verdict in state), 2005