Kenneth S. McLaughlin, Jr.
Top Rated Business & Corporate Attorney in Aurora, IL
As the head of the Law Offices of McLaughlin & Associates P.C., Kenneth S. McLaughlin, Jr., handles matters of trademark and copyright, real estate, physicians and professionals, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property litigation, franchises, estate planning and asset protection, employment, corporate representation, and commercial litigation in Illinois. For the last two decades, he has represented companies of all sizes in legal issues related to business.
Mr. McLaughlin is licensed to practice in both State and Federal Court in Illinois and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He is also a member of the Trial Bar, for the Northern District of Illinois.
As an undergraduate, Mr. McLaughlin attended Northwestern University, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 1990. He then attended The John Marshall Law School where he earned a Juris Doctor in 1995, while working as The John Marshall Law Review's Associate Leads Editor.
As a former board of directors member of the Oswego Chamber of Commerce, Mr. McLaughlin is currently involved in the Aurora, Oswego and Naperville chambers of commerce, and the DuPage County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Knights of Columbus #15119 where he served as a past-Grand Knight.
Mr. McLaughlin is a regular speaker for professional and business audiences throughout Illinois and has given presentations on asset protection for physicians, business succession planning, franchise law, best practices for hiring and firing, and trademark litigation. He has presented to organizations such as the Aurora and Oswego Chambers of Commerce, Rush Copley Hospital, the Advocate Charitable Foundation, and DuPage County Bar Association.
About Kenneth S. McLaughlin, Jr.
First Admitted: 1995, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://ma-lawpc.com/attorneystaff-bio/ken-mclaughlin/
- Federal Trial Bar, Northern District of Illinois, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit Court, 2013
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1995
- Illinois, 1995
- Msgr. Edward S Wright Council #15119, N. Aurora, IL: Chancellor 2009-11, Deputy Grand Knight 2011-13, Grand Knight 2013-15
- Oswego Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2004 – 2010
- Member, Aurora, Naperville, and Oswego Chambers of Commerce
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member
- Karas v. Strevell (Ill. S. Ct. 2008)
- MCS Midwest, LLC v McGee (N.D.Ill. 2011)
- In re Estate of Margery Elias v. McDonnell (1st Dist. 2011)
- Draper v Board of Education (1st Dist. 2012)
- “Small Business Owners’ Liability,” Oswego Chamber of Commerce, Oswego , IL , 1998
- Challenging the Constitutionality of President Clinton’s Compromise, A Practical Alternative to the Military’s Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell Policy, 28 J. Marshall L. Rev. 179, 1994
- “Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law,” IRISC (REM International), Lehigh Valley , PA , 1996
- “Product Liability Law in Illinois ,” American States Insurance Co., Lombard , IL , 1997
- “Prosecuting and Defending Opposition and Cancellation Proceedings before the TTAB”, DuPage County Bar Association, IP Committee, 2011
- “Asset Protection for Business Owners”, Oswego Chamber of Commerce, Oswego , IL , 2002
- “Asset Protection for Business Owners”, Naperville Chamber of Commerce, Naperville , IL , 2002
- “Business Succession Planning”, Lisle, IL, 2003
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Sherman Hospital , Elgin , IL , 2003
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Advocate Health Care, Chicago , IL , 2003 – 2004
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Advocate Charitable Foundation, Park Ridge, IL, 2004
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Rush Copley Hospital, Aurora, IL, 2004 – 2005
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Thorek Hospital, Chicago, IL, 2005
- “Asset Protection for Physicians”, Advocate Charitable Foundation, Park Ridge, IL, 2007
- “Rule 224 Petitions to Obtain the Identity of Anonymous Internet Posters”, DuPage County Bar Association, IP Committee, 2011
- “Asset Protection”, Fox Valley Executive Business Professionals, Aurora, IL, 2013
- “Legal Pitfalls for the Unaware in Digital Marketing”, Aurora, IL, 2013
- “From Hiring to Firing: Best Practices”, Aurora, IL, 2013
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, B.A. in Political Science, 1990
Last Updated: 5/15/2022