C. Douglas Moran
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Chicago, IL
C. Douglas Moran is an attorney at the law firm of Carlson Dash, located in Chicago, Illinois. Focusing his practice exclusively on employment law, complex commercial litigation, real estate litigation and bankruptcy litigation, he serves clients including employers, banks and corporations.
With over eight years of experience practicing law, Mr. Moran is a diligent and zealous advocate for his clients. Empathetic and dedicated to his clients’ needs, Mr. Moran understands the negative consequences of employment-related matters and provides sound and knowledgeable counsel.
With extensive experience fighting for the rights of clients facing employment law matters, Mr. Moran has taken on cases related to the Equal Pay Act, the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Uniform Trade Secrets Act, the Fraudulent Conveyance Act, the Uniform Commercial Code and more.
Active in his community, Mr. Moran is a member of the Universal Kidney Foundation’s board of directors. His prior work experience includes teaching scholarly writing at the Thomas M. Cooley Law School as an adjunct professor. An ardent speaker, Mr. Moran lectures frequently at many prominent platforms about commercial litigation employment matters, including discrimination at work and sexual harassment claims.
Mr. Moran is admitted to practice in Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin as well as the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois, the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the Southern District of Indiana; the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit; and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Michigan.
In addition, Mr. Moran is admitted to practice pro hac vice in New Jersey, New York and California. He has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Oklahoma. Graduating magna cum laude, he obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. While in law school, he served as the editor in chief of the Cooley Law Review.
About C. Douglas Moran
First Admitted: 1992, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://carlsondash.com/our-attorneys/chicago-corporate-law-...
- Adjunct Professor, Scholarly Writing, Thomas M. Cooley Law School (Oakland and Lansing Campuses)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Universal Kidney Foundation
- Michigan Super Lawyer, 2006
- pro hac vice to litigate cases in California, New Jersey and New York
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (including the trial bar)
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., 1986
Last Updated: 5/15/2022