J. Michael Tecson
Top rated Business & Corporate attorney in Chicago, IllinoisHogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd.
Practice Areas: Business & Corporate, Health Care, Schools & Education; view more
Licensed in Illinois since: 2001
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd.161 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60601 Visit website
J. Michael Tecson is an attorney with Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd., law firm, and he works out of the firm's law office in Chicago, Illinois. A top-ranked lawyer with more than 20 years of total legal experience, Mr. Tecson provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Chicago metro and all across the country who have legal needs involving any of the following areas:
- Restaurant and hospitality
- Real estate
- Corporate and transactional law
- Government investigations and regulatory affairs
- Education law
- Data privacy and protection
A versatile lawyer, Mr. Tecson represents clients in both litigation matters as well as complex transactions. He has worked with clients in a broad range of industries, and he currently leads the firm's Restaurant and Hospitality practice. As an attorney, Mr. Tecson has gained a reputation for his in-depth legal knowledge and remarkable skills inside and outside the courtroom as well as his unwavering commitment to his clients.
In his transactional practice, Mr. Tecson routinely advises his clients on policies and procedures designed to help them remain in compliance and avoid costly litigation in the future. As a trial lawyer, he aggressively advocates on behalf of his clients in court, and he has achieved remarkable success helping his clients to efficiently and cost-effectively seek to obtain favorable outcomes for their legal matters.
Mr. Tecson has become a recognized leader in his field, having published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of topics related to employment law, government law, hospitality law and more. He is also an active member of the American Bar Association and The Chicago Bar Association.
A graduate of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Mr. Tecson obtained his Juris Doctor from Mitchell Hamline School of Law, and he received his license to practice from the Illinois State Bar Association in 2001. He is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Practice areasBusiness/Corporate, Health Care, Schools & Education, Real Estate: Business
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Education, Health & Health Care Law, Landlord/Tenant, Schools
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 30% Health Care
- 30% Schools & Education
- 10% Real Estate: Business
First Admitted: 2001, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.hmbr.com/people/j-michael-tecson/
- Patrick E. Deady, J. Michael Tecson, et al., “State/Local Government Employees Face Possible Criminal Prosecution in Wake of Chicago City Hall Hiring Investigation,” 30 American Bar Association State and Local Law News, Spring 2007, No. 3 at 1, 15, 16.
- Presenter, “Non-Compete Provisions in Physician Contracts,” Continuing Legal Education Presentation, Chicago Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Health and Hospital Law Presentation, Feb. 26, 2009.
- Presentation, “Employment Law 101,” Private Career Colleges & Schools Conference, Chicago, Illinois, June 12, 2018., 1900
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Illinois, 2001
- University of Illinois, Champaign (B.A. in English)
- Transactional and Litigation Matters
Office location for J. Michael Tecson
161 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60601
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023