Jeffrey K. Paulsen
Top rated Bankruptcy attorney in Chicago, IllinoisLaw Offices of William J. Factor
Focusing his practice primarily on bankruptcy law, Jeffrey K. Paulsen is a partner at the Law Office of William J. Factor, Ltd. In this regard, he provides representation to both creditors and debtors throughout the greater Chicago metropolitan area from the firm’s offices in both Chicago and Northbrook. Mr. Paulsen also has extensive experience in general civil litigation on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants. He is admitted to practice in Illinois as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
Mr. Paulsen is a graduate of Northwestern University, where he majored in economics with a minor in Latin before obtaining a bachelor of arts degree in 2003. He subsequently enrolled at the University of Illinois College of Law. While he was there, Mr. Paulsen was the editor-in-chief of The Elder Law Journal and did research for the nationwide Consumer Bankruptcy Project, which was led in part by Elizabeth Warren before she became a U.S. senator. After receiving his juris doctorate magna cum laude in 2009, he clerked for a judge on the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois before joining his current firm in 2011.
Mr. Paulsen’s work on behalf of consumers and distressed businesses involves helping them find relief of their seemingly insurmountable financial obligations through the applicable provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. When possible, he helps these clients obtain solutions through negotiations with their creditors. Mr. Paulsen has additionally represented lenders and other creditors in bankruptcy proceedings as well as in collection matters. His successful track record in all these endeavors has earned him an “Excellent” peer-review rating on Avvo along with other favorable recognitions from his colleagues.
Jeffrey K. Paulsen is a debt relief agent. He helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Practice areasBankruptcy: Business, Creditor Debtor Rights: Business, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Business Litigation
- 30% Bankruptcy: Business
- 30% Creditor Debtor Rights: Business
- 20% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2009, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://wfactorlaw.com/attorneys/jeffrey-k-paulsen/
- Bankruptcy Liaison Committee, Member
- Board of Ravenswood Community Child Care Center
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Bench-bar committee in the Northern District of Illinois, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- Law Journal: Elder Law Journal, Staff Member, 2007 – 2008, University of Illinois College of Law, Urbana, Illinois
- Law Journal: Elder Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, 2008 – 2009, University of Illinois College of Law, Urbana, Illinois
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, B.A., Major: Economics, Minor: Latin
Office location for Jeffrey K. Paulsen
105 W. Madison Street
Chicago, Il 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019