Kurt M. Carlson
Top Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Chicago, IL
As managing member of Carlson Dash, LLC, Kurt M. Carlson represents clients in the metropolitan areas of both Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Chicago, Illinois. His practice areas include the following: creditor rights, restructurings, commercial bankruptcy, corporation transactions and litigation. With a broad and extensive legal experience, he helps businesses navigate tricky waters from the courtroom to the boardroom.
In 1987, Mr. Carlson graduated with his Bachelor of Arts in social sciences from the Michigan State University. He then attended the Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School and in 1990, graduated with his Juris Doctor. Immediately after earning his law degree, he handled bankruptcy and litigation matters at Comerica Bank as in-house counsel.
Mr. Carlson is admitted to practice in Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan, and before a long list of federal courts. These include the following: the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the United States Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
A member of the Federal Bar Association, Mr. Carlson is actively involved with many professional organizations. These include the State Bar of Michigan, the Illinois State Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin, The Chicago Bar Association, the American Bankruptcy Institute and the Milwaukee Bar Association.
About Kurt M. Carlson
First Admitted: 1990, Michigan
Professional Webpage: https://carlsondash.com/our-attorneys/best-corporate-law-fir...
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Speaker, C.A.R.E
- USA Hockey Level 4 Hockey Coach
- From 2007- 2019 I have provided pro bono legal services to the Vipers Hockey Association, a not-for-profit youth hockey organization, and in that capacity helped the organization grow from 1 team to nearly 20 teams, competing at the highest levels in youth hockey at the AA level. From 2018- 2019 I have provided pro bono legal services to The Matthias Academy, a not-for-profit start up focused on providing services to young adults with disabilities who have aged out of the school system in a college campus-like setting
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Western District of Wisconsin
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Federal Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Eastern District of Michigan
- Central District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Bankruptcy Court Liaison Committee, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Michigan State University, B.A., 1987
- Top Illinois Lawyer, Commercial Bankruptcy and Workout Law, Leading Lawyers Network
- , Super Lawyers
- Original Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute, Volo Circuit Court Opinion First Responder, 7th Circuit
Last Updated: 5/15/2022