Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Chicago, IL
Laureen Anderson-Stepanek has spent her whole legal career as an immigration lawyer concentrated her practice in complex immigration matters since 2002. A graduate of Illinois State University with a degree in History and Political Science, Ms. Anderson-Stepanek did post graduate work in International Relations at the University of Wisconsin, Parkside and eventually obtained her Juris Doctorate from the University of Iowa College of Law.
Ms. Anderson-Stepanek practices all areas of immigration law; she started her career on the corporate side where she advised international and external clients on matters related to non-immigrant employment based visas, PERM, international relocation as well as general employment matters related to foreign labor.
As Ms. Anderson-Stepanek's practice has grown she has expanded into the areas of family and removal defense, specifically those related to criminal issues and appellate matters, including to the federal court. Ms. Anderson-Stepanek takes great pleasure in representing families in their cases, specifically with waivers, adjustment of status, and naturalization. She is a member of the Illinois bar, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh circuit and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Outside of her practice Ms. Anderson-Stepanek is an adjunct professor of immigration and employment law at the College of Lake County and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
About Laureen Anderson-Stepanek
First Admitted: 2002, Illinois
Professional Webpage: http://www.kaimmigrationlaw.com/about-us.html
- American Bar Association- member of the International Law Committee
- Lake County Bar Association
- AILA Chicago Chapter- Lecture on Bayo v. Chertoff., Speaker
- Professor of Immigration Law, Adjunct Professor , College of Lake County
- Guest Lecturer for immigration law class., Guest Lecturer, John Marshall Law School
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member- Variety Children's Charity of Illinois Lake County Bar Association- various committee and volunteer
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Bayo v. Chertoff, 535 F.3d 749 (7th Cir. 2008), vacated, No. 07-1069 (7th Cir. Jan. 30, 2009)- Argued En Banc, only attorney to argue an immigration matter En Banc in Seventh Circuit.
- Sarhan v. Holder, 658 F.3d 649 (7th Cir. 2011) available at Sarhan v. Holder, 2011
- Bayo v. Chertoff, 535 F.3d 749 (7th Cir. 2008), vacated, No. 07-1069 (7th Cir. Jan. 30, 2009); Sarhan v Holder, Attorney General, No. 10-2899, United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, 2 September 2011. The court found that Petitioner is a member of the particular social group of women in Jordan who have allegedly flouted repressive moral norms and face a high risk of honor killing. (Sarhan v. Holder, 9/2/11) AILA Doc. No. 11090763. AILA Doc. No. 11090763.
- , Super Lawyer, 2021
Last Updated: 9/6/2022