Robert F. Green
Top rated Intellectual Property Litigation attorney in Chicago, IllinoisGreen, Griffith & Associates LLP
An attorney held in high regard in the legal industry in the country, Robert F. Green is the founding partner of the Illinois-based firm Green, Griffith & Associates LLP in Chicago. He has been practicing law in the state since 1974 and focuses his practice solely on intellectual property litigation. He helps his clients secure patents and trademarks and tackles even the most complex IP issues.
After graduating from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law, Mr. Green received his Doctor of Jurisprudence in the year 1974. Before conferring his law degree, he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 1971.
Mr. Green works with brands and companies in the chemical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries and helps his clients swiftly navigate several complex issues, including the Innovation Act, the Hatch-Waxman Act and the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act. With his extensive scientific knowledge acquired over the decades, he knows how to go about a case and works with his clients most efficiently and effectively.
From the time he received his bar license to practice law in the state of Illinois, Mr. Green has served as the head counsel in numerous cases and is also a registered patent attorney. He has represented his clients in multiple courtrooms throughout the country and has appealed patent cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Along with being peer review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Green has received several other accolades. He was recognized by the Managing IP as an IP Star and named one of the Top Lawyers in Illinois in Intellectual Property Law by the Chicago Lawyer Magazine. He is also affiliated with the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property also known as AIPPI.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasIntellectual Property Litigation, Intellectual Property
Intellectual Property Law, Patents
- 70% Intellectual Property Litigation
- 30% Intellectual Property
First Admitted: 1974, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.greengriffith.com/team/robert-f-green/
- State of Illinois Supreme Court; U.S. Supreme Court; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia; U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois; Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, No. 27,555
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in Litigation – Intellectual Property Law, 2016‐2021
- Recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers list in Intellectual Property Litigation, 2009‐2021, Illinois Super Lawyers
- Recognized as an “IP Star” by Managing IP, 2018-2020
- Selected as a “Life Sciences Star” in LMG Life Sciences, 2012‐2020
- Listed in Intellectual Asset Management’s (IAM) Patent 1000 in Litigation, 2015-2020
- Selected by peers as a Leading Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law and Patent Law, 2004-2021, Advisory Board Member, 2016-2021 – Leading Lawyers Network, Leading Lawyers Network
- Named as one of “The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners” in Intellectual Asset Management’s (IAM) 1000, 2012
- Recognized as one of “The World’s Leading Patent Litigators” in Intellectual Asset Management’s IAM Patent Litigation 250, 2011
- Named as one of “The World’s Leading Life Sciences Patent Litigators” in Intellectual Asset Management’s IAM Life Sciences 250, 2010
- Registered Patent Attorney, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, No. 27,555
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State of Illinois Supreme Court
- “The US Pharmaceutical Industry-Driving Forces-Patent And FDA,” speaker for first round panel presentation, AIPPI Israel 2018: 3rd International Convention on The Economy of Innovation, Tel Aviv, Israel, 2018
- Moderated IP track “The Impact of KSR, Seagate, Quanta, and Bilski on Business Decisions,” Inside Counsel SuperConference, Chicago, IL, 2009
- “Non‐Patent Exclusivity,” presented at the FDA Boot Camp‐Chicago Edition, Chicago, IL, 2006, 2007
- “Innovation and its Discontents,” presented at the John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, 2005
- “Shared Exclusivity Past, Present and Future,” presented at the Generic Pharmaceutical Association (GPhA), Legal Symposium, Boca Raton, FL, 2004
- The John Marshall Law School, J.D., 1974
- University of Illinois, B.S. in Chemistry, 1971
Office location for Robert F. Green
20 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60602
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2024