Mervate M. Mohammad
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Hickory Hills, IL
Attorney Mervate M. Mohammad is the principal of Kiswani Law, which has office locations in Hickory Hills and Chicago, Illinois. A nationally ranked lawyer with more than seven years of total legal experience, Ms. Mohammad provides unmatched counsel and support to clients across her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Family law and divorce
· Child custody and support
· Same-sex family law
· Wills and probate
As an attorney, Ms. Mohammad has gained a reputation for her aggressive advocacy on behalf of her clients at all turns, and she has achieved remarkable success helping her clients pursue their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek for their complex legal challenges efficiently and cost-effectively. Fluent in Arabic, she can directly communicate with a broad clientele, and she has become known for her compassion and integrity as well as her unwavering commitment to those she serves.
Honored for her outstanding professionalism and client service, Ms. Mohammad has earned consistent recognition from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of the 10 Best Female Attorneys in her area. She has also received designation as among the Top 10 Attorneys Under 40 from the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys along with many other accolades and endorsements from her peers.
Moreover, Ms. Mohammad has received "Superb, 10 out of 10" client ratings on Avvo, and her law firm has received designation as among the 10 Best Law Firms in her region by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
A 2009 cum laude and honors graduate of Loyola University Chicago, Ms. Mohammad obtained her Juris Doctor from University of Illinois Chicago School of Law in 2013. She also received a degree in "Divorce and Family Dispute Mediation" from Northwestern University in 2018.
Ms. Mohammad is a member of the Muslim Bar Association of Chicago, the Arab American Bar Association of Illinois, The Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois State Bar Association. She has also published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics related to family law and divorce.
- 70%Family Law
- 30%Estate Planning & Probate
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Probate & Estate Administration, Wills
- Rising Stars: 2022
About Mervate M. Mohammad
First Admitted: 2013, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://kiswanilawfirm.com/mervate-mohammad/
- Mediator through Northwestern University Mediation Program
- Member of the Illinois Bar Association
- Member of the Muslim Bar Association
- Member of the Arab American Bar Association
- Member of the Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Northern District of Illinois Supreme Court
- Cume Laude and Honors from Loyola University of Chicago with a Bachelor’s Degree in History and Political Science and a double minor in Islamic World Studies and International Studies
- If your Illinois divorce includes child visitation or custody arrangements, you may be assigned a Guardian Ad Litem… https://t.co/22AnDbzEFy
- Are you fighting for majority parenting, aka custody right now? If you currently have visitation/parenting time rig… https://t.co/sIfkxovPKx
- Say hello! The Kiswani Law Firm website has a new look, is packed full of new features, and we have plenty of more… https://t.co/p6o5GXdDoJ
- While this is not an exhaustive list of #childsupport factors to consider when in #mediation, it's a good starting… https://t.co/2nyJdJ8Arx
Last Updated: 5/15/2022