Charles R. Franklin
Top rated insurance coverage attorney in Northfield, IllinoisFranklin, Greenswag, Channon & Capilla, LLC
Charles R. Franklin is an experienced civil litigation attorney and a founding partner at Franklin, Greenswag, Channon & Capilla. Over the past few decades, he has served individual and corporate clients nationwide in matters related to commercial litigation, insurance matters, coverage disputes and professional regulations. However, most of his clients are from Chicago, Illinois, and its suburbs.
In 1976, Mr. Franklin completed his Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Michigan. Then, in 1980, he completed his law degree at the University of Miami School of Law. He has been licensed to practice in the state of Illinois since 1980. Since then, he has also gained admittance to the Illinois Supreme Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana.
Mr. Franklin earned a reputation for handling highly regulated entities in matters related to malpractice, licensure or disciplinary infractions. These entities include brokers, physicians, accountants and inspectors. He has also served as an independent or neutral party in arbitration matters between insurance companies and their policyholders.
Despite a heavy workload from top organizations around the country, Mr. Franklin maintains active memberships in several law organizations. Recently, the North Suburban Bar Association chose him to serve as its fourth vice president. He also serves on the advisory board of a local nonprofit responsible for managing public charter schools. In the 2000s, he published several articles and remains a well-sought-after speaker.
Practice areasInsurance coverage
Insurance, Bad faith insurance, Insurance defense
- 100% Insurance coverage
First Admitted: 1980, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://fgcclaw.com/about-our-law-firm/charles-r-franklin/
- AV® Preeminent™ as rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Common Real Estate Jargon – Illinois Homes
- Illinois Policyholder Counsel Group – April 2017
- FHA Discrimination Actions
- My Main USPAP Issue – testimony before the Appraisal Standards Board (2013)
- The Value of a Good Appraiser – Illinois Times
- The Three C’s – CANDOR, CONTRITION, COOPERATION – When Your License is at Stake! – ICAP, NAA Appraiser Focus (1st Quarter, 2016)
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Claims Association of Greater Chicago
- Illinois Association of Certified Real Estate Appraisers
- Trusted Advisors Council (TAC)
- Provisors, Professional Executives Networking Group (PENG)
- National Association of Appraisers
- Illinois Coalition of Appraisal Professionals
- North Suburban Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- City of Dixon v. Crundwell, et al.
- Office Furnishings v. American Family
- Jewelers Mutual v. Firstar Bank
- Sagar Megh, et al. v United National
- The University of Michigan, B. A., 1976
Office location for Charles R. Franklin
181 Waukegan Road
Northfield, IL 60093-2700
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023