David E. Deal
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Indianapolis, IndianaDavid E. Deal and Associates
The founding attorney of the law firm David E. Deal and Associates in Indianapolis, Indiana, David E. Deal works toward resolving his clients’ legal matters – such as criminal defense, DUI, drug charges, domestic violence and personal injury – in an efficient manner. Having formerly served as a prosecutor, his understanding of how the opposition works greatly benefits his clients.
In 1998, Mr. Deal graduated from Purdue University with his Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and later attended the Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington, Indiana. He received his J.D. in 2001 and was licensed to practice in Indiana the same year. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
After graduating law school, Mr. Deal clerked for the Morgan County Circuit and Superior Courts as well as interned at the Morgan County Prosecutor’s Office. With this wealth of experience attained so early out of law school, it is of little surprise that he was elected as president of the Clinton County Bar Association in 2002. For his 20-plus years of client service and dedication, he is rated “Superb” on Avvo and has been included in The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 list.
Outside his law practice, Mr. Deal stays actively involved in his legal community through close affiliations with legal organizations such as the Indianapolis Bar Association and the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association. Always one to serve his locality and its residents, he is on the Board of Trustees of the Decatur Township Educational Foundation.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
DUI/DWI, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- 60% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2001, Indiana
Professional Webpage: https://www.daviddeallaw.com/attorney-profile/
- Decatur Township Educational Foundation Board of Trustees
- Past President of the Clinton County Bar Association, 2002
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- Super Lawyer, 2021 and 2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015 and 2016
- Excellent Rating, Avvo
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, Since 2012
- Purdue University, Bachelor's degree in Psychology, 1998
Office location for David E. Deal
22 East Washington St
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2015 - 2016