Ward A. (Sam) Rouse
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in West Des Moines, IA
The founder of Rouse Law P.C., Ward A. (Sam) Rouse has decades of experience fighting for the rights of his clients in Des Moines, Iowa, and throughout the surrounding region. He devotes equal time in his practice to personal injury litigation and state and federal criminal defense matters, including motor vehicle accidents, dog bites, drug charges and driving under the influence of alcohol.
Mr. Rouse graduated with dual bachelor degrees in politics and philosophy in 1987 from Cornell College in Mount Vernon, Iowa. He then commenced his legal education at the Drake University Law School. In 1990, he was awarded his Juris Doctor, and he was subsequently admitted to practice before all Iowa state courts.
After law school, Mr. Rouse initially gained experience working as a prosecutor before entering private practice in the mid-1990s. He has focused his practice since that time on fighting for the rights of his clients. Mr. Rouse has a reputation as a strong litigator and skilled advocate for his clients. His work has been recognized by both his peers in the legal community and his clients. He has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest that an attorney can receive. Mr. Rouse has also earned an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo in recognition of his numerous successes for his clients.
In addition to Iowa, Mr. Rouse is admitted to practice law before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Iowa, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit, and the Supreme Court of the United States. He is a member of the Iowa Bar Association and the Iowa Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Ward A. (Sam) Rouse
First Admitted: 1990, Iowa
Professional Webpage: http://www.rouselaw.us/Attorney-Profile.aspx
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2001, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- 1990, Iowa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eight Circuit
- 1991, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
Pro bono/Community Service
- The Waukee Community School Foundation is a not-for-profit entity which supports the school district by growing and administering an endowment for college scholarships, provides professional development assistance for the Waukee School faculty and staff, and assists with the development, procurement and enhancement of programs and facilities.
- AV Peer Review Rating – shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence. He or she has usually practiced law for many years, and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity. Only approximately 10 percent of attorneys hold an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell., AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022