Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Boston, MassachusettsBlock & Roos LLP
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Professional Liability; view more
Licensed in Massachusetts since: 1982
Education: Northeastern University School of Law
Block & Roos LLP2 Liberty Square
Boston, MA 02109 Visit website
Attorney Jessica Block is a partner with Block & Roos, LLP, law firm in Boston, Massachusetts. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 38 years of total legal experience, Ms. Block provides unmatched counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Boston metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Employment law and litigation
- Professional ethics and responsibility issues
- Legal fee disputes
- Professional malpractice
- Commercial disputes
- Partnership disputes and breakups
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Prelitigation counsel
As a member of the American Arbitration Association’s Employment, Commercial and International Panels, Ms. Block has assisted numerous clients with resolving their conflicts and reaching favorable agreements and settlements without ever having to set foot inside a courtroom. Representing a wide range of professionals, business owners, C-level executives and others, she remains dedicated to helping her clients achieve the positive results they seek in the most efficient, practical and cost-effective method possible.
From her efforts, Ms. Block has secured numerous substantial settlements for her clients, including many multimillion-dollar settlements. She has handled cases involving breaches of contract, wage and hour disputes, legal fee reimbursement, workplace discrimination, and other issues. Although highly effective at alternative dispute resolution techniques, she is also a tenacious trial attorney and formidable opponent in the courtroom who will not hesitate to take her clients' matters to court when necessary.
Honored for her impeccable professionalism, high ethical standards and outstanding legal abilities, Ms. Block has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with perennial designation as among the top lawyers in her region. She has also received numerous testimonials and referrals from her satisfied clients.
A 1974 graduate of Stony Brook University, Ms. Block received her master's degree from the University of Toronto in 1976. Upon deciding to pursue her legal career, she attended Northeastern University School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctor in 1982. She is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Block has served as co-chair for the Boston Bar Association's Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee, and she is a member of the fee arbitration board for the Massachusetts Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Arbitration, Employment Law - Employee, Ethics & Professional Responsibility, Legal Malpractice
- 30% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 50% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 20% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://www.blockroos.com/attorney/jessica-block/
- Member, Fee Arbitration Board, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Employment, Commercial and International Panels, American Arbitration Association
- Hearing Officer, Board of Bar Overseers
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1983
- Massachusetts, 1982
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston Bar Association, Women's Bar Association, Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council, Board of Editors, Massachusetts Law Review
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1983
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 1991
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2015
- University of Toronto, M.A., Major: English Literature
- Stony Brook University, State University of New York, B.A., Major: English
- American Arbitration Association Approved Neutral
- Board Of Editors
- Massachusetts Law Review
Office location for Jessica Block
2 Liberty Square
Boston, MA 02109
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023