Karen A. Pickett
Top Rated White Collar Crimes Attorney in Boston, MA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007
Karen A. Pickett has more than 25 years of experience as a criminal defense and civil trial attorney. She is the founder of the Pickett Law Offices PC, and she represents people and businesses throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire from her firm’s offices in Boston. Ms. Pickett has been admitted to practice in Massachusetts since 1996 and in New Hampshire since 1995.
A significant portion of Ms. Pickett’s practice involves her assisting people who are facing possible felony or misdemeanor charges. Many of her cases in this regard have dealt with white collar crimes such as securities fraud, and she has handled investigations into her clients’ affairs that have been conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as well as the Massachusetts Securities Division. Ms. Pickett also has significant experience in working on cases that have been brought to trial, and she has been able to obtain positive results in the form of acquittals, dismissals, charge reductions and favorable plea bargain agreements.
In her civil litigation practice, Ms. Pickett has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in a wide variety of matters. Her experience has included insurance coverage, legal malpractice, contract breaches, intellectual property infringement, shareholder disputes and civil forfeitures. Ms. Pickett’s civil caseload has additionally encompassed employment litigation, and she has worked with both companies and employees in cases involving claims of discrimination as well as disputes over noncompete agreements, executive compensation, and employment contracts.
As an undergraduate, Ms. Pickett majored in economics at the College of the Holy Cross and earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1990. She remained in Massachusetts for her legal education at Northeastern University School of Law, and after graduating in 1994, she clerked for a judge on the Massachusetts Appeals Court before entering private practice.
- 50%Criminal Defense: White Collar
- 30%Business Litigation
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
White Collar Crime, Criminal Law - Federal, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Employment Law - Employee
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2005 - 2007
- Top 100: 2016 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women New England Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women New England Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women New England Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women Massachusetts Super Lawyers
About Karen A. Pickett
First Admitted: 1996, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: http://www.pickettlegal.com/about-pickett-law-offices
- Super Lawyer, White Collar Criminal Defense by Boston Magazine, 2013-2020
- Boston Magazine also named Karen one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Massachusetts, 2014-2020
- New England Law Review, "The Road To And From Powell,"
- In December 2013, Karen was a moderator and presenter for Boston Bar Association CLE program entitled, "Criminal Appeals"
- Presenter for a Boston Bar Association CLE program entitled, "Representing College and University Students: Multiple Perspectives and Competing Considerations"
- Co-authored an article in the Boston Bar Journal, "Parallel Criminal and Civil Prosecutions in Mass. Federal Court"
- Boston Bar Association's Criminal Law Steering Committee, Member
- Women's Bar Associations, Member
- New Hampshire, Member
- Boston, Member
- Massachusetts, Member
- New Hampshire
- B.A., cum laude in Economics from the College of the Holy Cross in 1990
Last Updated: 5/15/2022