Mary E. Shearen
Top rated estate planning & probate attorney in Minneapolis, MinnesotaBest & Flanagan LLP
Practice Areas: Estate planning & probate, Tax, Estate & trust litigation
Licensed in Minnesota since: 1988
Education: William Mitchell College of Law
Mary E. Shearen’s practice includes estate planning, probates, trusts, and wealth transfer for clients at all levels of wealth. She provides customized, client-friendly services for individuals seeking estate planning help or help with estate services, trustees needing help administering trusts, and trust beneficiaries regarding trust issues.
Mary is a fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, served as Chair of the Legislation Committee of the Probate and Trust Section of the Minnesota Bar Association, and has served on the Probate and Trust Section Council and General Assembly of the Minnesota Bar Association. Prior to joining Best & Flanagan, she served as a law clerk for the Honorable Donald P. Lay, Chief Judge of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals for the U. S. Mary is also a registered nurse.
She plays an active role in community affairs, having served as Chair of the Planned Giving Committee at the College of St. Catherine (now St. Catherine University) and as Secretary of the St. Catherine Alumnae Board. She taught estate planning at the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
Minnesota Law & Politics has named Mary a “Super Lawyer” (2005–present), one of the “Top 100 Women Lawyers in Minnesota” (2007–present) and one of the “Top 40 Estate Planning Lawyers in Minnesota” (2007–2008). At the end of 2011, Mary was honored by Finance & Commerce Top Women in Finance award.
First Admitted: 1988, Minnesota
Professional Webpage: https://www.bestlaw.com/Professionals/Mary-Shearen
- Youngest Head Nurse (age 26) to be in charge at the Transplant Unit at University of Minnesota Hospitals & Clinics.
- Has taught estate planning at the University of St. Thomas School of Law.
- Mary plays an active role in community affairs, having served as Chair of the Planned Giving Committee at the College of St. Catherine (now St. Catherine University) and as Secretary of the St. Catherine Alumnae Board. She taught estate planning at the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Mary serves as Executive Secretary of the Board of the White Bear Yacht Club.
- American Bar Association Minnesota State Bar Association (Probate and Trust Law Section; Legislation Committee, member 1999-present; Chair 2004-08; Member, Section Council, 2005-present)Hennepin County Bar Association
- Top Women in Finance 2011, Top 100 Women Lawyers in Minnesota, Top 40 Estate Planning Lawyers in Minnesota, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2011, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2010, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2009, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2008, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2007, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2006, Minnesota Super Lawyers 2005
- Families & Estates
- Super Lawyers: 2005 - 2022